September 28, 2024, 06:05:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catching hogs and getting caught  (Read 469 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2024, 10:41:25 am »

I wasn’t afraid of getting beat up. I was afraid of getting beat up by a girl, lol. I originally thought she was a he when was looking down at her from the bank. When she tilted her head to look at me with that old side eye I could see that she had those inch long teeth but they were heavier like a boar hogs. My dogo is tall. I would guess 27 inches or better at the withers. She was a good bit taller than him. Age definitely is catching up. I’ve caught and hunted by myself plenty. I tied a Barr hog solo with only one GREEN catch dog on him years ago. He was easily four hundred +. I called for my dad and two nephews to come help me get him loaded in the trailer. That was four pretty dang stout dudes picking up and it was a lot for us. I don’t remember having nearly as much trouble with him as I did this sow. I don’t remember being as sore the next day either. When asked how I got sow skinned up and bruised, I can’t tell’em it’s from a little ole sow. I tell them it’s from the grizzly bear that was chasing her and wanted to take her from me after I had already done all the work to tie her. They say oh yeah, how’d that go for ya. I just tell’em I gotta bear skin rug outta the ordeal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: