September 27, 2024, 10:22:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunt with Slim’s crew  (Read 251 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2024, 09:15:01 am »

I appreciate that Highwater! Cajun you are correct. I didn’t see any dogs to be ashamed of that day. Their country is like ours a whole lot and especially in the sense that any direction you turn is a pretty good direction for hogs to be. We cast dogs a couple of times and they hunted without getting on anything. In my opinion, one mistake we made was thinking we knew where the hogs were going to be and when they weren’t there, we loaded up and moved. Had we allowed the dogs to go elsewhere, they MIGHT have located something. The sign around the water holes wasn’t good but often times we would be at one pond but 4-500 yards away might be another. We didn’t check them all so who knows if there was sign at some of those. I get why we did what we did, we were trying to hurry in a sense to get into hogs before the heat caught up. So like I say, I understand Slim’s frustration but he honestly shouldn’t be embarrassed. Now if his dogs had hung around and not had any try then I would completely agree with him, but that just wasn’t the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: