October 20, 2024, 05:45:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt- Owens Cur dogs  (Read 5973 times)
bigo
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2009, 08:08:22 pm »

I will tell a story about one of these dogs then let it go. Ole Hoss was given , along with 2 litter mates, to a friend for cow dogs. When he was about 1 1/2 this fried calls and says he's going to cull him. He said all he wants to do is peel him off one and catch it so I said go ahead. After thinking about it, I decided to try him as a catch dog. The day after I got him, I sent him to his first bay alone. He went right in barked twice and caught hard. After that, he would hit one as hard as any bulldog alive, take a bad cutting and stay hooked. I would go right behind him on any hog in the woods. The day that picture was taken was his last hog, all the bulldogs were out of commision, and we brought him out of retirement. It was a big nasty and he had his old rear fully loaded, but he got the job done. He died the next year.

The older I get, the better I was.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man.
         Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: