October 20, 2024, 05:25:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt- Owens Cur dogs  (Read 5964 times)
skoalbandett
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2009, 04:10:55 pm »

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.

Geesh Underdog, surely you can find some prettier dogs to look at for a screen saver..lol ( But I appreciate it...)
There is a favorite sayin around here " Pretty is as pretty dose". The " Dose " part of it is the main criteria we use to cull  dogs, so who gets  bred and who gets a home for life depends on the consistancy of how they preform over time. It seems when most of the pretty one comes along, he ends up a calcium deposit somewhere or not a good enough for us to want to breed to him.

This is a 8 week old female pup out of Dot's last litter...( Reba ) Dot is gettin old and totein more scars than a World War Two B52 Bomber with 30 missons completed over Germany. These last 3 pups had to be taken by C-section. Two females who are just alike and a male that is the runt.
This litter is so special to me because this is Dots last litter and it was a total accident. Bear and Dot are full blood brother and sister just a few year apart. Bear and Dot's mother and father were Buster and Ginger, both of them sired by Punch, making them 1/2 brother and sister. Actually if you go back futher, it's probably more than that. We never wanted to breed that tight but it happened anyway.
I really wondered about these pups before they were born. Wondered just what we might see or have on our hands. The looks part of it we now know, how well they will do we wont know for a long time. Right now they act right, smart, active healthy puppies.
The thing I kept thinking about was what if they come out green, no tails..(LOL ) or expose some bad genetic weekness or have spots or glass eyes or just what the heck they could look like. I'd have to think if anything other than solid East Texas BMC dogs was in these dogs for several generations, these pups would show it as inbred as they are. So far, so good.

Dot and Reba today, The pups are 8 weeks and been weaned since they were 5 weeks but Dot loves em anyway, but then again, she's always loved puppies. 

This is Reba today

Daddy always said, Listen with ya eyes because  your ears will lie to ya..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: