October 28, 2024, 05:31:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blue pit bulls  (Read 6098 times)
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2009, 03:37:09 pm »

I'm with cracker on this one, when you breed for a specific trait, you take away from other traits. I used to breed game dogs and when I would see a yard full of big pretty dogs I would turn and go home. You breed for looks and other traits suffer. In a bulldog the trait is gameness, cut and dry. I also believe you cannot train gameness(heart) it's bred in them. The funny thing is, 20 years ago there were no blue pits. This is my point, you don't breed years and years of black or brown or white dogs and all of a sudden blue dogs turn up. I believe the line of blue dogs are not the true gamebred pits of years ago. Something had to be crossed in to get the size and color they are today. One hundred pound blue dog, how did that happen! I believe people breeding these petbulls are ruining the best breed in the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying blue dogs won't catch or will let go. I have seen a blue dog catch and hold. Just in the long run, it will destroy the true APBT. Just my opinion to each his own.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: