October 28, 2024, 07:29:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blue pit bulls  (Read 6117 times)
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 06:11:07 am »

mostly APBT's, have shown that those trained to pull for their owners satisfaction (gameness)
Nick, where did you get your info from. Where did you get this definition of gameness. I think you may need to do some more research on your dogs. Gameness cannot be taught, if that was the case any dog could be a catchdog. My definition of gameness -- willingness to continue despite taking punishment.  Don't confuse gameness with aggression. An aggressive dog is not necessarily a game dog. People who don't understand this take aggressive dogs, breed them and make more aggressive dogs. In the 1970s a pit bull attack was unheard of. The men who had the dogs knew what to look and breed for. It wasn't until the dogs ended up in the hands of ignorant thugs that pit bull attacks started taking place. BAD BREEDING. Not knowing the difference between gameness and aggression. In my opinion, the APBT has the most stable temperament of any dog. I raised gamedogs for years and never had a dog just turn and attack. They are what they are, if I had a dog that acted funny towards people I knew it from the first day I had them. The stories of these dogs (most of the time) turning and just attacking is BS. The dog was human aggressive the whole time and I guarantee the owner knew it. The phrase "turn on" is a whole different story than what it has been recognized as.  Nick, I don't expect you to understand everything I'm saying, people with gamedogs know exactly what I mean.  I'm sorry, I started rambling on. Nick, my advice is to search and study up on the gamedog, maybe even own a few then form  your own opinion. Don't believe everything the media tells you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:12:13 am by Beejay » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: