October 27, 2024, 07:16:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mules  (Read 12024 times)
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

I used to have a little half arab mule named nazeer. He was little (like 12 hands little), and was hard as hell to mount because he liked to bolt on you. He was pretty broke once you were on him, and I rode the hound dog out of him. Once up in centerville we were all riding on some cut trails through the woods. I was drinking water, and spilled a little in front of my saddle. Nazeer must not have been too keen on cold water running down his neck, because he bolted. Well, we were just in a bad spot because I wasn't turning loose of my water bottle (didn't want to have to remount the devil once I had picked up my litter), and the more I had to wrench on his face the more water shook out on him, and he would just run faster. That pint sized monster ran me right through a yaupon thicket and only stopped when the yaupons got so thick he just couldn't go anymore. I looked like I had rolled down a hill in a bag of house cats, but nazeer was none the worse for the wear.

We finished the day nicely, and I just decided not to drink and drive on nazeer. No sense arguing with a half arabian mule.

Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: