September 27, 2024, 05:24:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5/18/24 feed up with the rain in ETX with haakdt  (Read 278 times)
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2024, 04:03:45 pm »

Man nothing went right it seemed with this 24” of rain in two weeks making it rough to hunt this riverbottom
cut loose about 6:45 and Lucy Kidd and cj casted out about 950 yards and Lucy opened up and they got into a group pretty quick and Lorrie was the complete opposite direction(stayed busy and gone all day but missed out on all the action)
Dogs ran it about 7-8 miles baying occasionally and breaking eventually lost it…
Then recasted the dogs Lucy went 1/2 mile one way Kidd and cj left out the other way (Lorrie still hunting from the original cast we were leaving the young dog alone see what happened) well Kidd circles around and opens up and leaves the country on one cj same direction about 4-5 minutes later sits down hammering we eased around to him and when he seen us he swallowed it up about 80-100 lb sow sent Haak’s young cd anyway because the curs been stretching everything lately it seems like and cj was solo
Got her tied about 11:30 looked up Kidd and Lucy both back tracking from the flooded river bottom again…
Drove around caught them two and went and grabbed Lorrie made one last cast on the north end of the lease…dogs got out about .6 and jumped one and went right back to the riverbottom caught dogs about 12:45 and went to the house with our one measly sow dogs all put 22-24 miles on their feet can’t say they didn’t try but the water need to retreat about 1/2 a mile and get back in the banks

Cj and dro

got to thinking about it this is cj’s first 100% solo hog nothing else honoring the bay so pretty happy about that guess it’s the silver lining to our hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you cant be smart quote smart people

the more i learn about people the more i love my dog - Mark Twain
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 04:27:13 pm »

Those dogs were covering ground. We haven't had the rain y'all have but we are still pretty wet. One caught hog is better then none.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 06:22:40 pm »

Sounds like some good stick on them dogs even tho they lost that one good hunt tho what river y’all hunting over there

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 09:14:56 pm »

Those dogs were covering ground. We haven't had the rain y'all have but we are still pretty wet. One caught hog is better then none.
Yessir we were sure glad not to go home empty handed

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 09:16:31 pm »

Sounds like some good stick on them dogs even tho they lost that one good hunt tho what river y’all hunting over there

I’d rather run one all day than one quit one too soon

The neches

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 10:14:55 pm »

Dang right I would rather a dog have some stick the range out way far and then give up that’s a pet pive of mines. I been wanting to hunt down there just never done it y’all hunt that public land out that way

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 04:46:49 am »

Nice hustle on the dogs part. Sounds like they did about all you can ask them to.

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 08:32:41 pm »

Dang right I would rather a dog have some stick the range out way far and then give up that’s a pet pive of mines. I been wanting to hunt down there just never done it y’all hunt that public land out that way

We do durring deer season but mainly hunting my lease or one of my buddies leases

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2024, 08:34:17 pm »

Nice hustle on the dogs part. Sounds like they did about all you can ask them to.

Yessir we were pretty aggravated about all of it while hunting but afterwards I’m real glad I didn’t have to swim to go get any of them either

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 03:40:55 am »

Ain't nothing wrong with that hunt can't catch em all long as the dogs put the effort in you can sleep good at night and it sounds like they did.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: