October 25, 2024, 09:30:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Big Red side by side  (Read 2088 times)
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:47:59 pm »

Does anyone own one or know anyone that does?  I am just wondering how people like them, don't know anything about them and I never see them on I10, I45 or 59 on a hunters trailer so I am just curious.
Matt

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »

Uh oh, is matt getting the itch?

Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:49:33 pm »

I've thought about this also, Matt.  They've been out for a pretty good while now, but you just don't see them around.  With Honda's reputation for reliability you'd think they would be all over the place. 

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 11:10:04 pm »

i'll get to try one out in March..   i'm sure you're not wanting to wait that long though.  a good friend of mine just pulled the trigger on one about a month ago.  he really hasn't used it yet and he lives in Pensylvania.  he said the tranny is pretty awesome which i wouldn't really expect anything less from a Honda.  they're ugly as sin but you can fit them in a standard size enclosed trailer if you unbolt the top part of the roof (which is the only reason he didn't buy a Polaris Ranger).
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:26 am »

haha Mandi, you know me all too well....But honestly I am not going to buy one I just got to thinking about how few yuo see on the road with all the people on this board that have sidexsides you would think someone would own one???  If I sold mine I would buy a teryx.....at this point though I need a tractor before any other aquasitions are made  Cool

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Cull Buck
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33:42 am »

I wish they made it with a straight bench seat instead of the bucket seats. 

"I'm like lunch meat.....always ready" - Eric Barnes

Took Savoy to the swamp and he promtly got his v-card punched.

He's out.  And you're out.  And i don't think I'm in either.
lonewolf
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 09:15:36 am »

I wish they made it with a straight bench seat instead of the bucket seats. 
The bucket seats are the only reason I don't own one! I need seating for three without someone climbing in the back.

Fear is only a word in the mind of the weak!
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 01:48:03 pm »

my dad has one, but i think they are more expensive than alot of others, that could be keeping so many of them from being sold.

he really likes his, he just puts around the farm though.

www.craigloftintrailersales.com
Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
redcur
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »

My Polaris Ranger 08 fits in a standard 6x14 enclosed trailer. It a little hard to climb out of but it fits.
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 05:05:21 pm »

Don't know anyone that owns one, but I don't think I would be happy with it. First off, its to big for the tight trails in our erea and second, it has the same engine as the Rincon. The Rincon is under powered for its size, so I would imagine the BigRed is even worse.  I know the gearing is lower in the BigRed which would make top end very slow. I would go with a Rhino.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: