September 19, 2024, 05:30:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogo eyes?  (Read 521 times)
Browndog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »

Thinking of buying an 11 month old Dogo, but concerned about her eyes, the lids are pink and the eyes are a light gold.  She seems to be really sensitive to the sunlight.  I haven't owned a white headed dog before and wasn't sure if this can be a problem?
Maybe358
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 03:23:17 pm »

Here is the Dogo Argentio standard regarding eyes:

Eyes : Dark or hazel coloured, protected by lids preferably with black pigmentation though the lack of pigmentation is not considered a fault.  Almond-shaped, set at medium height, the distance between them must be wide.  As a whole, the expression should be alert and lively, but at the same time remarkably firm, particularly in males.

The pink lids is lack of pigmentation which in not a fault with the breed.  If the eyes are a light gold color that could mean there is a problem.  Congentical eye disorders such as Progressive Retinal Atrophy, Cateracts and Glaucoma occur occasionally.  The dog's eyes should not be sensitive to sunlight IMO.
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:02 pm »

My eyes are light gold, called hazel, and I wear sunglasses all the time. But I see real good at night. I do not know about dogs though.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: