October 02, 2024, 03:33:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Puppy Training!!  (Read 635 times)
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2011, 02:19:20 pm »

My pups just turned about 3 months old this last week, and i decided to start them early since I graduate from college this Summer so I wont have much time to hunt this year. Ive been taking them out into my hay field and everyday since they were about 2 months old. And they definitely dont hang around, they hit the woods now and scatter. We caught a shoat early last week, and while he didnt have much spunk left in him I still thought it'd be a good starting point. I took and drug him through the hay field for about 300 yards and then made a loop and left him in the woods. I turned the pups out and just watched, I wanted to observe their natural intsinct in carrying a track or even identifying it. It was awesome to watch as they all crossed it and immediately started going in the right direction with it. Im still holding a pup for Harry, his and my big block headed male showed the most natural instinct and running the track with their nose to the ground. I walked with them allowing them figure it out on their own. The pups really turned it on once they got in the woods and the ground was saturated with the scent. Suprisingly the 2 males that carried the track so well were much slower at barking or being around the hog at first, my Black pups sure hated that hog though!! My Black &Tan male when crazy on it. Hopefully the videi will post up, he barked and bit at the hog like in the video for 30 minutes after he was dead. I drug him back home, quatered hime up and gave the pups each a shoulder, ears and legs! Im extremely excited to see how they carry the track next time I turn them out, now that they know whats at the end waiting for them... Enjoy Good luck hunting

trying to work it out
in the woods looking
Talk to him Boss

Video

Ty Angle also has a small Red pup outta this litter that is already baying shoats and is very Rough. I'll have pics of her soon too.

Here are some pics of us training some of Van Dorns pups! These are some good looking and acting little girls. They are out of girlfriend and cwards IKe

Get ahead dog!
geronimo
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 02:41:03 pm »

good looking pups i like thier build.
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 11:01:04 am »

Looking good!

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: