September 27, 2024, 10:17:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin 320 Test #1  (Read 2122 times)
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 02:40:27 pm »

Make sure you update your collars both Dc-30s and 40s except the new one. It wont need it.  I didnt know you could update the collars until recently. I always thought you could only upgrade the astro itself, but if you get on your astro and go through the dog list and select the collar you want to update there will be an option to update collar. 

All my collars seem to work better and more consistently after I did that.
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »

Make sure you update your collars both Dc-30s and 40s except the new one. It wont need it.  I didnt know you could update the collars until recently. I always thought you could only upgrade the astro itself, but if you get on your astro and go through the dog list and select the collar you want to update there will be an option to update collar. 

All my collars seem to work better and more consistently after I did that.

I think Garmins latest update for them was at the beginning of this month..... the last time i updated my collars i didnt notice much change....  Undecided
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 04:34:16 pm »

Got my 320 today. Added my collars to it. Waiting for the wife to get home so he can do the birds eye thing on her Mac for me. Looks nice, too nice to hunt with.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 07:37:23 pm »

The biggest and pretty much only problem ive had with my 220 is the interference with other collars. Garmin system is pretty much useless when hunting around other Garmin collars. I hunted the other day with a feller that had one, and only had one collar interfering, and couldn't see squat for it asking me if I wanted to change or keep tracking. And that was just one collar, might as well just use the radio collars during kill season, when there will probly be about 60 + with Garmin collars.
       Let us know if they've made that any better. Might get me one 1st of yr.

Powered by
* Dr.Enuf *
NChoghunter
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 09:16:19 pm »

paid 575  at http://www.thebuzzzardsroost.com/New_Garmin_Astro_320.php
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 10:05:26 pm »

Not impressed with the birds eye crap. Pain in the butt on a mac. Going to call in ye morning. Has got to be a better way to do it.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »

Can I keep the topo card out of my 220 and put it in my 320 and it work ok?  As long as the topo was there I don't think I would need the birds eye view, I can pull a topo up on my phone and it is a lot more clear then what could be on the garmin screen I think.  Well I guess I gotta see if I can sell my 220 and some collars now.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:22 am »

Matt, yes you can put your map card in there.

Rich.
bignasty
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:14 am »

The biggest and pretty much only problem ive had with my 220 is the interference with other collars. Garmin system is pretty much useless when hunting around other Garmin collars. I hunted the other day with a feller that had one, and only had one collar interfering, and couldn't see squat for it asking me if I wanted to change or keep tracking. And that was just one collar, might as well just use the radio collars during kill season, when there will probly be about 60 + with Garmin collars.
       Let us know if they've made that any better. Might get me one 1st of yr.
just change one of the colar id numbers,its real simple you will need the dog close by to do it.you can run 10 dogs/ids and should not have any interferance...how many dogs yall have running garmins on at the time? we get our sheet right befor we turn out!!!
Blake F
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »

Keep the updates coming!!!! I didnt know there was an "old DC-40" and a "new dc-40"

Blake Fanning
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 01:31:51 pm »

Keep the updates coming!!!! I didnt know there was an "old DC-40" and a "new dc-40"

not really a " different " dc40, besides the antenna is suppose to be a better style....
i just meant a old dc40 ive had vs the new one that came with the unit and newest software
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 10:37:59 pm »

Bignasty,  I forgot to mention I was bear hunting, probly 30+ dogs or more. No way to adjust that many collars.
   Is there any way to turn the interference alert off?