October 09, 2024, 04:20:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking a youndg dog from barking on track??  (Read 1858 times)
pigrig
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »

Pigrig that is a pretty bold statement to say that open dogs are no good for hunting. Maybe not your choice, but a lot of people on here trying to gain knowledge of all styles and aspects. I never brag on my dogs but I've got a couple yappers that'll prove you wrong.
   not saying that i havent seen trail barkers catch pigs .the terrain we hunt to say the least is verry tough most of the time with pigs that are well adverse to a dog up its ar... a dog that trail barks gives a pig an advantage it woud not other wise have .my challange is to improve the dogs i hunt with ,and i would still put myself out there by saying a well bred dog shoud not trail bark.

new zealand dogger
boarboy
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:37 pm »

you might can back him off of it a bit just by huntin him with silent dogs
easttexasoutlaw33
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 01:26:59 am »

Pigrig that is a pretty bold statement to say that open dogs are no good for hunting. Maybe not your choice, but a lot of people on here trying to gain knowledge of all styles and aspects. I never brag on my dogs but I've got a couple yappers that'll prove you wrong.
   not saying that i havent seen trail barkers catch pigs .the terrain we hunt to say the least is verry tough most of the time with pigs that are well adverse to a dog up its ar... a dog that trail barks gives a pig an advantage it woud not other wise have .my challange is to improve the dogs i hunt with ,and i would still put myself out there by saying a well bred dog shoud not trail bark.

A well bred dog shouldnt bark i guess their is no such dog then. I have seen hounds any bloodline bark on track. I have seen cats do it. Yes i have seen a good number of yella dogs as well from lines like ben and wrights. If im not mistaken ben is best cur blood to most so i guess they arent bred well then. Ever bloodline out here has produced trail barking dogs without fail so according to you there is no bloodline in the world that is good
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: