October 09, 2024, 02:34:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Athens hunt  (Read 451 times)
Demondoggers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:14:51 pm »

Can someone tell me about the Athens hunt? Cost, number of team  members and helpers, sign UPS and weigh in?

Hell Hounds are loose!
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:46:51 pm »

put it this way if you cant bring in 30 hogs aday you cant compete. Threre a team that somehow blows everyone out the water everytime. Its not a dogging contest its a all around harvest contest, gun, bow, dogs, no trapping though. Atleast thats how it was a few years ago when preacher1 and I entered it.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
dwhd93
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 10:11:31 pm »

From what hear on the radio its all separated if there talkin bout the same tourny

Country boy can survive
preacher1
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:30:31 pm »

It cost $100 a team  up to 4 members per team. There are 2 divisions trapping and general. Trapping division allows trapping and killing by any legal means. General is killing only by any legal means and excludes trapping. There is also a big hog division which costs $50 to enter but you have to also be entered in one of the other divisions to enter the big hog part. Best thing is look it up on Wulf's website. That team in Center is hard to beat ( Ithink they had 240+ hogs last year). We came in second and were a good ways back I think about 160 or so but I really can't remember. !st  is $5k either division. @nd is 2500 and 3rd is 500. Big hog is guaranteed $1500 for first . It could be more as first is figured on 50% of entries , 2nd is 30% and 3rd is 20%(based on # of entries. It's different from previous years. e.g. last year they paid $500 / day for most hogs brought in by noon. Needless to say there was some controversy there. Most of it was due to the store's "insider" connections. But they did away with all that.
Bosshogg316
Hog Dog Pup

Stickin' and Stackin'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »

Reaping division 100$ fee Open dog division 100$ fee and Overall heaviest hog 50$ fee over 28,000 in pay outs and prizes 5,00 for 1st in trapping and dog division its also on line at wild out doors sports .com

If you ain't first, you're last!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: