October 06, 2024, 01:35:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin DC 50 Objective/Constructive Criticism Appreciated  (Read 893 times)
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2013, 04:42:44 pm »

Merry Christmas Hog Doggers,
(Man I am ready for deer season to be over ooops I mean Merry Christmas). Freudian slip. My apologies.
-
I hope the holiday season has treated you and your families well. I convinced my family that I had been a good boy this year and was lucky enough to receive a Garmin DC 50 collar as a gift. I am looking for some field tested and brutally honest feedback on the product. I figured this would be the place to get it.
-
I know it only works with the Astro 320 handheld. Garmin recommends that you update the 320 software before using the DC 50. We run pretty tight mouthed dogs so I am particularly interested in the Bark Alert feature. Any feedback you I could get from hunters who have used it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Happy Holidays.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
R.ScHmIdT
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 03:50:01 pm »

I have 2 and have been using them for the last few months.  The bark detection works farely well.  You have to set the sensitivity in the settings.  I have had one problem.  One of mine just bit the dust.  Completely stopped worked. Wont turn on or anything.  I personally think they get better range then my dc30s and dc40s. 
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:38:17 am »

They work good Leon.
txsteve85
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:03:26 am »

I really like the 50s. First few times it would act strange losing signal possibly due to where I used it.
Since then no problems, hold better signal than 30s and 40s.
Built solid like the 30s. I will be replacing all my 40s with 50s.
I am very pleased with the product.
mikejc
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 09:31:06 am »

I have one and now that I've used it for a while I like it. The first one I ordered didn't work straight out of the box talked to the guy at gun dog supply and he said it has happened to a couple people.the second I have works alright, has longer range than the 40's but will loose communication a lot more than my 40's, although it picks signal back up quickly. The bark detection is handy when the wind is high especially if you have a bad ear like me. Overall pretty good. You have options to set it at 20 40 or 60 barks per min. Also
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 10:01:58 am »

good to hear they are working  [ for the most part ] because I went looking the past few days and most the suppliers don't even list the 40's any longer . been thinking on joining the ranks and getting a setup and all I can find is the 320/ 50's combos

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »

Garmin isn't gonna offer the 40's no more. All that is left is what people have in stock. Once they are gone that's it. The 50's are what they are replacing them with.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: