September 29, 2024, 04:22:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple and gone  (Read 481 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2023, 06:13:04 pm »

Deputy Dawg and I made a quick little round this morning with Judge, his son Dylan (hope I spelled it right), and his nephew Michael. First little cast was fruitless so we moved over and cast again. The dogs got bayed about 450 from
I think it was. As we were headed to them we had a flat on the buggy so we stopped and aired it up and got it plugged. By the time we were done, the dogs had left that area they were at except Judges’s young dog. He was still making circles around the pond they were bayed at. When we got him he was wet from head to toe. So that and the fact that he continued to circle the pond suggests to me that they probably drowned  one. They got bayed again and we drove back around to them and they had a little boar bayed under a post oak tree. We caught him and the young guys were in there and had it stuck in real short order. By then it was hot in the shade so we decided to call it good and went to the house. It was a good visit and we got to lie about some dogs and tell how great they were lol. Thanks for coming Judge, we’ll make another go of it when it cools down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 06:22:06 am »

Thanks for the invite bubba we had a blast. I like those dogs they hunted real nice. Nice country down that way to. Ol deputy dawg is a big ol boy he is a real nice young man good to see some young fellas with there head on straight.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 10:54:38 am »

Yes sir we had a good time as well. Wasn’t much of a hog but that son of yours didn’t seem bashful about getting in there and legging it quick. I like that. Seems like lots of folks have that back up gear when they need to be getting ahold to help out.

WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 11:51:58 am »

I know I sure appreciate that young enthusiasm because I don't have a problem with the backup gear as  much as I do with the catchup gear. I appreciate ol Deputy Dog more every time I hunt with him.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 10:43:11 am »

just getting out in this heat is a task much less catching one. nice
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2023, 07:22:25 pm »

just getting out in this heat is a task much less catching one. nice
That’s no kidding. We braved is Sunday morning and had a 10 year old dog get pretty hot on us. Ended up okay. I was sweated wet after we barred one. Dogs producing right now have to really drive a track, good deal.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: