October 02, 2024, 09:15:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Life  (Read 967 times)
Explorer
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:09:20 pm »

Does anyone knows how hog dogs do if comfronted with other wild animals such as coyotes, mountain lion, or even bear? Curious if anyone has ever experienced such encounter with their dog. Thanks.

"Always Give Your Dogs The Best Possible DOG Life"
NT-HOGGIN
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:25:43 pm »

Well, we take our curs to the mountains every year to hunt bear and just this past week my buddies female curs had a coyote stretched out about 100 yards from his house.  So, in my expweience, if you don't break them off of certain game they will go after it.
Tusk Hog
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »

About a year ago had a pack of coyotes follow one of my dogs back to the 4-wheelers. They stopped about 50 yards from us, at the edge of a brush line. Sure pissed the dog off. She stood half way between us and the brush line and barked at them, while they yelped and barked back. Once we cranked back up, they left. We went back to hunting.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 07:51:40 pm »

We had some yotes flat bust a bay and dogs came back with tails between their legs.  They would bay and catch a hog but dang yotes they didn't like.  Some time before that another guy and I were hunting and dogs found a mountain lion or pretty sure that is what it was but only two of the dogs bayed it the rest seen it as trash when it broke those two took off after and were out of tracking range quick took acouple of hours to find them.
Diamond G
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:07 pm »

I thought it was on here awhile back that I saw a yote caught on a hog with someones dogs.  Talk about freakin out when you relize what you see.

Let'em Hunt!
fonzie
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 09:06:26 pm »

Sweet thanks for the offer ill give u a call tomorrow that way I have my number...
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 10:26:51 pm »

its not as cool as a mountain lion or bear but, i seen a baby deer come back to the 4 wheeler following one of the old dogs, i guess it thought it was a dog too we got to pet it and take pictues and we just left it out there
catchrcall
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 09:30:30 am »

i can tell ya how they do on skunks, armadillos and coons  Evil

LONESTAR WORKING DOG ASSOCIATION
www.lswda.org

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock- Will Rogers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: