October 12, 2024, 03:27:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A dog with heart  (Read 1142 times)
jt2
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:42 pm »

I'm looking for a dog or blood line with lots of heart and drive. What are you opinions on a specific dog or even bloodline that will make a true hog dog. One more thing who around south east texas has a good
 bloodline of plotts?
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:52:04 pm »

jagds have a pretty good percentage rate of turning out to be pretty decent dogs if thats what your asking
jt2
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 10:28:14 am »

You talking about jack russel terriors? If so I understand the use of them being small full of entergy and not afraid of much but never hunted with any to see if I would like the nose on them. I try not to knock any breed of dog unless I have had a BAD outcome with one.every person has there style of hunting for were they live and how they hunt, as long as there is a dog hunting with me and is doing its best I'm enjoying the hunt.

Wink

Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:38:48 am »

No a jagd small like a jrt but loads of heart and have not been bred down for show like a lot of jrt.  Hunting gamey little fools
Black Smith
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 12:13:15 pm »

I would go with a parker cur if you can get one. sometimes they have more heart and drive than a man wants!!!
BULLMASTER
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 03:44:35 pm »

X2 on the Parkers.
lapdog
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:27:04 pm »

ur on the right track with plotts  if u aint scared to run somethin with that will open on track im not a plott expert but  id look for a sizzlin heat bred dog .if u want heart and no quit and dont worry about not havin enough grit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: