September 24, 2024, 05:21:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you feed?  (Read 1167 times)
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

Question on feeding I have two adult lacy's and two almost one year old American bulldog x BMC lacy's are bout 45 lbs and the ABxcur's are bout 60lbs. I work in oil and gas and am gone 14 days a month so the dogs don't get hunted looking for suggestions on how much you feed your dogs when they are not hunted so they don't get fat and lazy. I feed 26/14 sportmix. But will be trying the no corn ect outlaw high protein.
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »

I have one of those big blue plastic maxwell cup coffe cans. I fill it up and feed two dogs with it. Walk theough the kennel feeding,, start over, this time cleanin pens, when last pile o poo is shoveled, any food left n the bowls get taken up and put back for tomorrow
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 04:29:42 pm »

Man my lacys don't eat half of what my curs do and are just right lots of times still have food left from night b4 just depends on the dog but most lacys I have been around regulate them selves pretty well
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:04:03 pm »

Good rule of thumb is what ever they can eat in 5 min is plenty. I measured what I feed the other day and bay dogs get 4-5 cups and CD's get 3-4 cups sportmix 26/18.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:36:11 pm »

My lacy's get 2 1/2 - 3 cups a day, and my bulldog 4 cups daily. And with that they stay in pristine condition and can go all day. But I feed Victor.

"pain is just fear leavin the body"
TDHA member/TLGDA supporter
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »

Well the five minute rule would work for the cur dogs but the lacy's take their time. One of em might wait an hour before he starts eating.
OWL Black Mouth Curs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:00:07 pm »

They won't after four or five days of taking up what they don't eat in five minutes...
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

Mine get a fuzzy taco shop cup full and if they look skinny i add a little

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »

If ur pens are small and the dog don't burn up the concrete in circles even for bigger lacys a couple cups is probally going to do it when u are not there people don't believe me when I show them the size scoop I use for them it is small especially my female it can't be a cup and a half and she runs around the back yard like her tail is on fire most of the day.  Am feeding her call of the wild
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 07:35:34 am »

I feed my dogs Diamond Hi Energy and I leave a huge pan full out for them. They'll eat what they need. My 5 yr old BMC might eat a handful a day. My rat terrier pecks at it like a bird and my young BMC can eat a lot more. They are all in perfect shape. I think it depends on the dog just like people. When I'm hunting a lot, they eat more. When I'm not, they eat less.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
TimmsHogDogs
Alpha Dog

CRAZY DOG KENNELS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 10:32:37 am »

I started feeding Outlaw Feed on Friday, I went from feeding 4 cups per bigger dog and 3 cups for the smaller dog, 2 cups for each puppy. To anywhere from 1/2-3/4 of that amount. Still feeding my pups the same amount because I want them to grow good but I have had to cut my bigger dogs down because they were already getting fat after 5 days lol LOVE THIS FEED!!!

*Crazy Dog Kennels*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: