September 22, 2024, 02:34:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Past couple weekend hunts.  (Read 327 times)
ARhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:06:11 pm »

Got to hunt one day last weekend and sat and sun this weekend. Not big numbers but all three were boars. Now barrs. Caught all 3 of em in some of the worst spots I have ever been in. The white and brown one was about 200 yards into an old grown up clear cut, I had to cut my way in with a machete and I was on top of all the briars and vines right above the hogs and dogs and could not see them. I started ripping chit out of my way and finally grabbed a leg and out they all came.
Really proud of my bulldogs gettin in that thick stuff and not lettin em break out. Nearly impossible for em to get thru there. The bigger boar we caught yesterday was in a mangled tree top from a recent wind storm laid across some tops from logging. It was pretty wild. There was a girl with us that asked me how do I get in there I said watch and ran and jumped head first as far as I could up in there and broke some limbs outta the way. He had a nice lil open bed in there though. Made for easy hooks for all the dogs. All in all we had some good fun and got some quality meat out in our woods to eat in a few months when it's not so hot to get em outta there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: