September 19, 2024, 01:47:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunt from HELL lol.... 10.21.11  (Read 1128 times)
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

No pics, just tired of answerin' all the people wanting to know how our hunt went last Friday night down south.  It's taken me almost 3 days to laugh at what was a "less than epic" hunt LOL....

WELL...  Me and Lee took off from work at noon on Friday to drive down... Met some old friends around dark to hunt a big place they had that had some good hogs on it...  Soon as we drove in you could tell from the sign there were some REALLY good hogs on the place... We were stoked to say the least  Grin 

Got to the property and they told me to cast some dogs out, so I put out Shine, Spinner, and Camo(our looser dogs) to feel the place out... Little did I know I'd just dropped the dogs out on the edge of the biggest, baddest palmetto thicket I'd ever seen in my life  Shocked Grin  ...after a bit they came bayed way off and me and Lee piled on the hog trailer as we drove... and drove... and drove...  Grin  ....finally makin' it to 500yds(when we were that far away originally to start with  Grin ).... dogs still bayin' good at this point, we grabbed Bucho as they were keen to see him go and headed that way... came up on a flag pond and could see the dogs bayin' somethin' in about waste deep water a hundred yds out into the pond.... sent Bucho and ran in behind to find a lil' boar standin' on his tip toes lol.... oh well, broke the ice  Grin 

... Right at dark now, and me and Lee are soaked head to toe on what was gonna be a very cool night(in the 50's)... riding on the back of a truck  Undecided Grin  .... didn't take long, and poor Lee started to shut down on me lol... "I can't feel my legs" was probably the last thing I remember him saying...  Grin

Dogs rolled out and struck a group of hogs in the bad stuff... 6-8' of  palmetto so thick a rabbit would get stuck.... Grin  Dogs split up trying to get their own, but Shine rolled out on hers baying up a good ways off... caught the young dogs, loaded up and drove her way... finally got there and tried to walk Bucho in... GOOD LUCK sending his big ass into wall to wall palmetto like that.... that hog heard us get close and hauled A$$  Grin  Shine bayed him and several other good hogs up but never could get a catch dog to them in that stuff.   If I knew that was what they was droppin' me in, I'd have put the meatheads out, as that's the only way you gonna catch much in that chit LOL....

On the way into Shiner bayed waaaay out in a BAD palmetto block, about half way in I hear Lee(our GPS man) say his unit had been ripped off his side and had no idea where...   GREAT...  Spent some time backtracking, but no good in that chit... So I pulled mine out of my backpack and we headed back to the truck as Shine had pulled out with the hog... somewhere between here and there, my GPS disappeared...

NOW... at this point(probably 11pm)... I was over it LOL... Lee had been over it since he got cold, but now I was OVER IT over it.  Angry Grin

They had another gps we coulda loaded our collars onto and kept huntin' but I said the HELL WITH IT!  FIRGURES.... as we we pulled out of the area they had me hunting in, onto a big produce field with a dozen hogs standin' there not 40yds from the truck  Grin 

... Them baystards were just testing me in the nastiest stuff they had, then we were gonna go hunt the fun stuff... but after loosin' both gps' I just wasn't in the mood anymore... and me and Lee made the long drive home... made it home about 4am... LONG DAY... Grin

... Just one of those hunts that makes you want to take a break for a while if you know what I mean  Wink Grin

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
joe
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:28:28 pm »

are you trying to say thats were them bama boys need to go and hunt. lol
sucks that you lost your units. you wasnt hunting with mr woods was you?
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:32:08 pm »

Yep  Grin

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
TeJaShOgSlAyER
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:32:34 pm »

That sucks man! Sounds like just one of them nights no one likes!

His legacy is rodeo and Cowboy is his name!
makenbeans
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:06:51 pm »

good days & bad days at least no one got hurt!   Grin
shankem
Alpha Dog

580-821-2497

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

I know exactly what you mean! Rough one!
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:30:38 pm »

(Nelson from The Simpsons) Haahaa

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
JDJP
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 10:02:46 pm »

Sounds fun, what's a pal metto?

Dylan
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 06:32:04 pm »

Sounds fun, what's a pal metto?

Satans toilet paper.

Its a stalk, and then around 10 sawblades fanning out from the stalk.

Kinda like a 3' wide stiff sharp pot leaf

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
JDJP
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

Do you have em in Texas?

Dylan
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 09:58:59 pm »

Musta been the  weekend of palmetto heads, sorry to hear you lost BOTH gps'....I know my husband would have gave up after one lol I would be pretty dang sick! 'specially if the offered the easy stuff after that escapade Evil
katchumwcurs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 10:34:16 am »

Even the worst hunt from Hell is better than a day at work,,,,All in all Noah, it was a good hunt. Sounds like fun,,,,,If you get down Texas way, let me know, I will take you to some easy hunting places. No palmetto's, just briars. Not near as bad. LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: