September 20, 2024, 12:55:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: diamond vs. victor dog food  (Read 2468 times)
camodogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »

I would like to hear ops. on diamond hipro vs. victor dog food.. i hear alot of people saying the sam thing about diamond(which we have feed for several years) and our bird dogs did awsome on it. but our hog dogs are dropping off. seems like the more we feed them the more they drop. I had one hard keeper on the yard now we have 4. and we havent changed anything.   
would just like to hear if anyone else is haveing the same problem with diamond and to hear if anyone is using victor?

Thou i walk thru the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for you are close by me...Psalm 23
tomtom
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:43:28 pm »

I see threads all the time about different kibble and I cant comment on the victor but the last bag of diamond I got was pure garbage. Most of the time its good enough. I would like to know what the most CONSISTENT feed is and that is what I will buy.
camodogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:58:09 pm »

ok guys i will add to this what about sportsmix hi pro?  i worry about the corn in the dog foods ..

Thou i walk thru the valley of death, I will fear no evil, for you are close by me...Psalm 23
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

i tested diamond naturals with lamb and it was a decent food but i now use call of the wild and i dont think im changing. i had a bag of sportsmix and my dog didnt like it at all and he had runny stool for a week till i threw it out

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
canitosmomma
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:37:51 pm »

We feed Victor 24/20 to all 9 dogs that we have and they do great. We have everything from a 110lb Rotty to a 12lb chiweenie. We have everything from a poster child for Jenny Craig to anorexic supermodel. It maintains the easy keepers and the hard to maintain nicely I think. As an added bonus the firm stools make for easy cleaning when it comes to kennels. We tried Diamond, but after feeding it for a month and only making it through a quarter to half a bag because they wouldn't eat what was in their bowls until they absolutely were starving we changed to the Victor and haven't looked back since. You are going to get varied opinions on this, but that is our experience.
canitosmomma
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 02:40:27 pm »

Didn't realize this was you Liz lol. Give Wade or Jay a call and they would be more than willing to tell you the same thing. You see how good Boogie, Heidi and Budro look. BTW are ya'll going to be at Skipper's next weekend?
BOSS HOGG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 04:11:04 pm »

i tested diamond naturals with lamb and it was a decent food but i now use call of the wild and i dont think im changing. i had a bag of sportsmix and my dog didnt like it at all and he had runny stool for a week till i threw it out
Sport mix 24-20 has Been the Best I've found to feed, and has always produced a solid stool.

I gotta pack'a pigs Bayed tight in'a Bryar patch!! -945 BOAR BUSTERS-
mark
Bay Dog

Me and my main strike dog and buddy(Slick)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »

ok guys i will add to this what about sportsmix hi pro?  i worry about the corn in the dog foods ..

2xx for me i like the sportmix high pro
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:47 pm »

We feed the Diamond Naturals - Chicken and Rice. 3 Catahoulas and 1 Pit Bull. Dogs are muscled up and have shiny coats. I road them behind the four wheeler for 2 miles 3 times a week and they are always full of energy.  Very little dog chit to clean up and what there is is firm. Tried the Diamond High Energy and I didn't like it because there was a ton of yellow chit to clean up every day and there coats were dull looking. Too much corn in the High Energy. That's why it's cheaper in price than the Diamond Naturals. 

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
Plainhorseman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 07:26:30 pm »

we have fed diamond naturals lamb and rice and call of the wild. we are feeding victor 24/20  to the adults and the 30/20 to the pups. its the best feed we have found. good price and the dogs do great on it. we,re feeding every thing from border collies to bull dogs . they all look great. there are 23 dogs here and we feed less than two bags a week.
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:00 pm »

All our dogs respond very well to Victor. Very little waste, and good results on hard hunting dogs

Get ahead dog!
camodogs
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »

when we started diamond those were the results we were getting. our dogs looked really good coat an firm stools. now they are all runny and omg stink to the high heavens.. and we are going thru feed like crazy. i think we are going to look into victor.  thanks for all the replys.

Tusk Hog
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

Have feed Diamond Hi-Energy and the green bag of Diamond Preminum, both were better than the Victor 24/20. Switch to the 24/20 Sportmix and I'm completely satisfied. Do believe it has to do alot with the amount you hunt and how well you can keep your dogs wormed.  Had disasterous results with the Outlaw brand.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: