October 07, 2024, 02:26:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: permits  (Read 430 times)
evandavis3
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:56 pm »

i know this is a texas forum and i live in oklahoma, but i havent been able to find a forum for oklahoma. just thought someone might know on here. maybe this is true in texas and oklahoma.....i recently went and purchased 2 sow and 2 boar pigletts. as i was unloading my neighbor stopped by and told me that i was required to have a permit to keep them. i live in the country not in town. does anyone know any truth to this. thank you in advance for your input.
chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:45 pm »

Swoklahoma.com I think if u have them in a really good pen that they couldn't root out of I don't think it would matter.

Mathews mission venture
outlaw hog dogs
Bay Dog

HUNTSVILLE BAY PEN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:49:31 am »

Texas park and wildlife told me when i built my wooded pen it just had to be sucured at the bottom and u have to have two fences a menimum of 4 feet apart....allot of ppl don't do this cuz they can keep there pen hush hush so no one gets called out to check if its regulation...idk if ok is the same though
evandavis3
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:17:47 am »

when i built my pen, i dug footings 4 ft deep and put cattle panels under the ground. then my actual 20 ft wide by 50 ft long pen is welded to the top of the panels  underground. they would have to dig a tunnel 6 ft down then back up to get out that way lol. at the end of the pen is a 20 x 30 all wooden barn on a concrete floor. half the barn is penned off for them to have shelter and when it comes farrowing time. ive watched the smallest sow jump up bout 3 or 4 ft and was concerned bout possibly putting a pitched roof over the cattle panels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: