October 20, 2024, 05:56:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a decoy dog for coyotes?  (Read 1170 times)
Hale
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »

Looking for a puppy that is like half jagd and half cur. Or something along that nature.
hillcountry
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:22:22 pm »

Wondering why  part jag ? I have had several and yellow dogs work the best  blackmouth, lacy or lab had em all  the color seems to grab thier attention and roll them in year around not just in denning season.

If your scared you can ride in my pocket.
saltflats
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:09:41 am »

Not familiar with this type of hunting, but I have a Jack Russell(Jack) and had a 1/2 Jack 1/2 Jagd(Dottie) and both seem very good at pissing the yotes where I live off and bringing them to the house.  One evening after dark we pulled up to the house and Dottie was baying about 75 yrds out, I retrieved a light and went to investigate and she was figure eighting TWO yotes.  Would think they would work, just a little hard headed, so da** aggressive.  Believe it or not Dottie pissed off a rattlesnake til she got it treed and the neighbor went to investigate and shot it. Straight terrier may not have sense to bring them back, or get too deep into it and get overcome, it is what got Dottie.
LAhogger84
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:04:41 pm »

I got a couple dogs u could use for decoys
Hale
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:09:36 pm »

We'll a black mouth would work the guy was just wanting some jagd in one because those things are fearless. What do you have la hogged he's looking for a puppy or something that's not over 4-5 months old.
arrowbar
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »

if you have facebook look up devin staker or check workingdogsworldwide.com
Bayoulee
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 03:25:37 pm »

I read an article in fur fish game a while back on this and i believe he used a bmc.
Theres also a video on youtube called "blackmouth Cur fights huge male coyote". Check it out. Go ahead and skip to about 3:25.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »

most of the video's that I have seen and articles I read they were using straight kemmers . a few had the larger curs .   but all the full curs I have and have had . would not decoy they would commit and kill .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Easttex91
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 08:05:44 pm »

I read an article in fur fish game a while back on this and i believe he used a bmc.
Theres also a video on youtube called "blackmouth Cur fights huge male coyote". Check it out. Go ahead and skip to about 3:25.

That was one badass video
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: