October 17, 2024, 06:32:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Razor Tricked Boar!!  (Read 582 times)
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2015, 03:19:54 pm »

My favorite way to hunt is with my dogs, but a close second is bowhunting! I guess its being up close and personal with the game!! Any ways I changed broadheads this year from the Sonic Pro 100's to the Razor Trick 100's. I have used the Sonics for 8yrs with very good success!! Cut on contact, fly like a field point,always pass through! Just wanted to try something new that looks to be a improved version of what I was already using.

The woods have been very wet and the hunting slow this year so i have not had a chance to shoot anything with the Razor Trick. I went to one of my stands that I shot my nice deer out of last year because its the driest spot for me to hunt! Sat in the stand for about 3.5hrs and it was getting dark when I thought i heard something coming out of the swamp behind me! I getup and get my bow, turn on my GoPro and out steps a nice black boar!! It all happens fast so I draw, pick my spot right behing the shoulder plate, and release!! I hear and see the hit right on the mark and the hog trots off less then 25yds and drops over dead!! The arrow completley passed through the boar and stuck in the ground about 8"!! Great blood trail!! So far the Razor Trick is looking good to replace my old Sonics!!

http://youtu.be/uf52sDUOK9g

http://youtu.be/04qoFmuTZ9g
Nannyslayer
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:18:14 pm »

Nice hog!  Good too know about the heads. We've had great success with the swackers so far.
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:36:46 am »

Nanny slayer I had great results with the Sonics I used for 8 years.

Shot alot of hogs and deer with them.

The Sonics were hard to find so I did some research on cut on contact heads and found the Razor Tricks.
I.personally will never use mechanical heads again. The only thing they had going for them was their flight characteristics but heads like the Sonics and Razor Trick fly like with field point accuracy, and they penetrate alot better then any mechanical head!

I have shot alot of big hogs through the shoulder plates with complete pass throughs! Mechanicals might penetrate through a soft skin deer, but will be stopped by the shoulder plate of a big hog!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: