September 29, 2024, 12:24:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crew  (Read 527 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2023, 11:28:30 am »

Well I was blessed to make a hunt this morning with “The Jay Greyson” and Tha Man Kendal Clayton two living local legends along with Deputy Dawg. We cast dogs at a honey hole and it MIGHT have taken a minute to get bayed less than two hundred yards away. The hog broke bay twice, our fault, but they weren’t just letting him do whatever he wanted. Sent my young catch dog Cash ( bred by another legend) and Deputy Dawgs GREEN prospect. Caught that boar after a little catch dog educating. He was about 220-230. Dogs were gone and bayed again in short order. Caught a sow about 180 and they were gone again. Ended up catching two shoats back to back. Went to water the dogs and they wanted to leave so we let them and we ended up with another boar about 140-50 and called it a hunt. It was hotttt. It was a good time with good company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 05:57:22 am »

Nice hunt TDog. Very impressive for the dogs to be bayin & relayin in this heat. Boar in the last pic had some weapons. Glad y’all came out clean.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:23:33 am »

Dang Thomas you got it done with an experienced crew there. At least the guys had experience.  Lol, good teeth on that last one.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 05:28:05 pm »

My lawd man.  Y’all had hate in y’all’s eyes to hunt in this heat.  Lol. Fine boar hog   Y’all hardcore. 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 06:06:03 pm »

Lol thanks guys. It’s more guilt than hate. I go out there and ole outlaw always meets me at the gate like all the rest of them. Only lately we haven’t been as much because of the heat so when I get on further in the yard out there and around the feed house, I look up and he’s still standing at the gate. I’ll ask him, what is it? He’ll get happy feet and look up at the gate and then back at me back and forth. Lol it’s about as hard to tell him no we aren’t going as it is tell my woman I’m too tired to play big chief. I was ok with one hog but they were gone and baying again so quick that we figured we’d catch them after the next one. That went on until number 5 was caught. A couple managed to get gone before got them leashed up. We let them have a minute but ended up calling them in. We were actually trying to water them before we caught the fifth one but they were winding and wouldn’t drink so we let them go to it. Thankfully it didn’t bite us in the butt.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 08:06:55 pm »

That is a great hunt in any weather, much less in the heat. Fine hogs and really good boar.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: