September 28, 2024, 08:19:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windmill over flow  (Read 557 times)
Sackett
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2023, 09:32:21 pm »

It’s hot and it’s dry down here in Karnes county, 100+ degree weather for coming on 3 weeks now. The dew has not been dropping and there hasn’t been any moisture whatsoever and after dark it doesn’t get below 87 degrees. Riggin the edge of brush country and casting off any water sources with visible sign, fresh, old or no sign whatsoever is how I’ve been hunting the water holes. Last night I manifested catching a good hog. I had just finished telling my buddy a hunting story I had down in stonewall Texas as we pulled up to an over flow slough from a windmill. We got out unsnapped 3 strike dogs, 2 were mine and 1 was his. They went to pissin and number 2tin. We made a little walk around the pila and seen a pretty old Waller and as we walked a little farther to the other side I pointed out some mud clods that were almost hard and I casually look down at my garmin and see one of my male dogs @ 236 yards and moving so we waited around and snapped our other 2 dogs back up and listened. At 488 yards the dog made a 15yrd circle and shows treed. Never heard him bay so I figured he was doing his business and a little bit goes by so I walk the other dogs to where ol tracker hit the brush and they weren’t interested one bit of going and taking a track so by now the dog is still in the same spot and shows treed so I tell my buddy we better ease that way he is right off the side of the road in the brush on a pipeline ROW.  At 15yrds away I turn the truck off stepped out the truck and let my other dog go and walked to the brush line and then the bay was on. We sent bulldogs and had a solid fighting boar. Been many times he hasn’t bayed at all or until other dogs got there idk why that is. Rest is history. 252lbs 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 10:09:03 pm »

Lmbo that’s good stuff. I don’t know what breed he is but I was given a Vizla once that would find a hog but only bark once every couple of minutes. I guess he was pointing at it but I could hear him pointing lol.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 10:13:06 pm »

Well
The picture popped up after I replied. So I guess he isn’t a bird dog, at least not full anyway. He might be one of those poacher dogs. He might be trying to sneak around. Maybe tell him next time you cast him that y’all have permission to be there and he’ll probably bay out loud.

Sackett
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 10:15:16 pm »

Well
The picture popped up after I replied. So I guess he isn’t a bird dog, at least not full anyway. He might be one of those poacher dogs. He might be trying to sneak around. Maybe tell him next time you cast him that y’all have permission to be there and he’ll probably bay out loud.

Might have to try his technique in some river bottom country

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 07:17:05 am »

Good hog man,,    Your dog reminds me of a ole Black cur dog I had got from a Bull rider over towards our way ( Chris Shivers ) was his name..  When I got him he was about 5 yrs old and had been scarred up from hell to breakfast..  He was a stock dog and would loop out and stay gone for 15-20 min and check back in with you ..  Hot nosed dog but when he would find a good boar hog,, and it had to be a good one cause the smaller ones were just caught..   He would just back up and growl at em ..  I had to constantly look down at my garmin  and see if he was in one spot or not to know if he was bayed..  LOL.. 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 07:26:05 am »

Sackett it’s dry about everywhere right now.  We have a split in hopes around here right now. The ranchers are praying for rain and the farmers are praying it doesn’t. One is trying to grow hay and the other is trying to the corn combined and the milo is right behind it. That’s pretty country you’re in. What is the hog population like through that area? I always wonder about it. My youngest boy plays select baseball and played several tournaments in Dripping Springs and stayed the night in Johnson City. I think that’s not too far from you if I remember right? I’d always wonder if they had them in those areas. Do y’all get to cut the boars or is it one of those deals where you have to take them out if you catch them?

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 10:53:50 am »

You homo, you are on here!? How have we not talked about this. Fine hog bubba. Nice leopard dog too

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 10:56:05 am »

Well

Thomas that’s the double bred son of sketch I’ve posted about my buddy having down south that’s making a pretty nice dog.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2023, 12:40:28 pm »

Real good boar. My buddy had a cur dog years ago that  would not bark at a bay. Back then with just telemetry we never knew where he was other then the general direction.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 01:40:05 pm »

I can see sketch in him now that you say that. Nice looking dog.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: