September 29, 2024, 04:36:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jinxed  (Read 611 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2023, 07:58:49 am »

Well the  Sexsquatch made another trip out and brought me some pups. They’re sure enough purdy. He brought Austesus with him. First time I’ve met him face to face. He’s a super nice young man but I believe he’s jinxed, at least temporarily. We made a hunt Sunday morning and it was to my buddy Jay’s honey hole. It usually has so many hogs in it that they have to sleep in bunk beds, not this time though! When it took over 5 minutes to find hogs I knew something was wrong. We got on some hogs but they were trash hogs for the most part. I think we caught 3 little ones. Decided that we were going to make a hunt Monday morning before they left but what a bust. The first place we were gonna hit we had to abort. They were fixing to pen cattle across the road so we had to figure out something else. Called another land owner and she was fine with us going but the adjoining land owner that we go in on was out of pocket and all her gates were locked so that was a no go. Decided to hit another place only problem was it was getting hot and it was a thirty minute drive. I was worried that there wouldn’t be hogs there because the creeks are dry so this place isn’t just loaded with water sources. We pull down into the bottom and off to the South of us is a group of what looked like small sows and shoats. So I get Ava, who hasn’t been hunted in months out, outlaw who’s been a very minimal bit, and Yosef who hasn’t been hunted much in the last couple years on top of he got hunted the day before. Normally Ava and Outlaw mind and do exactly what I tell them. Not this trip though. I try and send them to the hogs but they don’t see them. The hogs are south and Outlaw goes North with me telling him not to, never does that! Ava and Yosef go south but stop and dump out on the way. That never happens with my dogs either. They usually hit the ground with business on their minds. They finish and continue south and go into the woods about 100 yards east of the hogs that are still in out in the pasture. Dogs and hogs neither one have a clue the other is there. One of those two comes back out and goes right to the hogs and of course no bark just an automatic foot race to the wood line. Get a few barks but nothing stopped solid. Outlaw comes hauling butt across headed to them and they run hogs for the next little while. I thought I heard brief squealing a time or two but I guess I didn’t. They got out next to the highway so we called them off and loaded them. Went deeper into the place and cast again in a spot where I knew there was a water hole out in the woods. Dogs went to but Ava and Yosef come back. They tried to leave and go East but I wouldn’t let them. I’m sure they would’ve been in hogs again but it’s really hard traveling and it was already hot, the dogs are out of shape, and the guys had to be back in town in time to check out. We moved down further but Ava said she was done. She was gassed and Yosef was too. Outlaw tried to go East so I toned him to us too. Tried to check one more little area but it was pointless. I was a little embarrassed honestly that the dogs didn’t do better. I realize I didn’t let them go where they thought the hogs were and that they are bad soft but they just didn’t hunt or mind the way they typically do. I was mad at them for it but after hearing about all the things Austin has had happen recently, Sexsquatch and I both agree that his jinx became our jinx. Before he can come back I believe we will have to do an interview to see if the black cloud is still over his head or if his luck has improved! Lol, he’s a nice guy though and we had a good time lying about dogs of the past and telling how great the were now that they are gone and nobody can disprove it. This picture is Sexsquatch, Jay, Austin, Deputy Dawg, and my buddy Deon. Like I say three little hogs but endless BS on the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 10:23:41 am »

Too bad it happened with company there.  But it must be because of Austesus, it's never happened when I was there. Oh wait, I just choose not to remember those days.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 01:14:47 pm »

Lol that black cloud sure has followed me for the better part of a month! Hopefully it will clear out soon. I had a great time and enjoyed talking dogs and eating some good food with y’all. Hopefully next time I can make the trip it’s a little cooler weather and we can hunt all day!

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 01:28:50 pm »

It’ll be nice to be able to hunt all day again. Look forward to you coming back.

WOW, I remember it like you do. Never happened before lol.

make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 01:38:01 pm »

That is a big boy lol. at least the dogs got to stretch
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 10:34:14 pm »

Austesus, you do look like the runt of the litter in that group!
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023, 06:18:51 am »

WOW, I’d say I am for sure! Just makes me faster in the thick stuff, lol.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023, 07:05:54 am »

Well you know what they say. The worst day of hunting is way better then the best day at work. Being in the woods with good people always is a bonus. Sounds like one of my typical hunts.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: