October 27, 2024, 05:32:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mules  (Read 12005 times)
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2009, 06:49:36 pm »

Now moutains we don't have but mud and swamps we do!!But I'm game even in the moutains!!!!lol Maybe we can get a hog in a pen tie it and put it on the mule/horse and race back with it maybe a 60lb choate!!!

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
lightningh
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2009, 07:01:09 pm »

LOL! sounds fun to me!  Grin

Lightning H Cattle Co.
2008 National Champion 4-up Mules

"Aint misbehavin' just ass'n around"
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2009, 07:46:35 pm »

lightnin
 you got it going on , i have never been to clinton but i have alot of freinds make it every year.

enjoyed the photos. keep em coming.

Krystal
 you asked about hinneys, the only thing i can tell you is they are more prone to get fat necks and fat butts then the traditional mules.
i have had a few over the years and seemed like they where a little more gentle natured.

www.craigloftintrailersales.com
Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

I used to have a little half arab mule named nazeer. He was little (like 12 hands little), and was hard as hell to mount because he liked to bolt on you. He was pretty broke once you were on him, and I rode the hound dog out of him. Once up in centerville we were all riding on some cut trails through the woods. I was drinking water, and spilled a little in front of my saddle. Nazeer must not have been too keen on cold water running down his neck, because he bolted. Well, we were just in a bad spot because I wasn't turning loose of my water bottle (didn't want to have to remount the devil once I had picked up my litter), and the more I had to wrench on his face the more water shook out on him, and he would just run faster. That pint sized monster ran me right through a yaupon thicket and only stopped when the yaupons got so thick he just couldn't go anymore. I looked like I had rolled down a hill in a bag of house cats, but nazeer was none the worse for the wear.

We finished the day nicely, and I just decided not to drink and drive on nazeer. No sense arguing with a half arabian mule.

Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
Texas_Cur
Boar Slayer

Catchin hogs on the reg

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 09:45:35 pm »

This is Jack.  He is good at chasing dogs and eating carrots.

"Don't make it easy.  Make it perfect."  --Jonathan Hayes

"You can get high like Uncle Ted, from massive horn."  --Ted Nugent

“If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.”  --Lou Holtz
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 09:46:20 pm »

ok i been scanning picture for 2 hrs got in a fight with the wife and beat one computer to death with a hammer  Grin, anyway i got some more pictures for ya.

new mexico in  july  2008

colorado july 2007

Nuby as a 3yrold in colorado 2006

Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 10:16:56 pm »

Craig it is obvious to me that you trust your mules A LOT!!  Those pics are small, since you have the boss stirred up see if she can resize them haha  Good pics man!

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:46 pm »

Craig, Thanks for the answers, Not many folks have a whole lot to say about them Hinnys.

I love your Colorado and New Mexico pictures!

Lightning, I due for a trip to Arkansas,  We usually try to go during summer to visit family, (I don't get to bring any my animals along) but I think this next trip I will have to get some dates from you and plan my trip so I can See some good events while on my trip. Do you know where Deer is? Thats where we go to, not far from Jasper.

lightningh
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 12:12:10 pm »

Craig, Thanks for the answers, Not many folks have a whole lot to say about them Hinnys.

I love your Colorado and New Mexico pictures!

Lightning, I due for a trip to Arkansas,  We usually try to go during summer to visit family, (I don't get to bring any my animals along) but I think this next trip I will have to get some dates from you and plan my trip so I can See some good events while on my trip. Do you know where Deer is? Thats where we go to, not far from Jasper.

Sounds good! holler at me and ill let ya know when soem fun stuff is goin on! You will want to bring some critters with ya! and yes we are going up there tommorow to pack in and ride and hunt on the buffalo river... should be interesting! maybe some good pics and stories!!! LOL!

Craig those are some prety places! you should come down for the NCCR. It is a ton of fun!

Lightning H Cattle Co.

uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 12:34:50 pm »

Do you go over there for the Elk Hunts? we took some beatiful pictures of the Elk last year, but my daughter deleted it for me! lol.
I hiked from the house ( Thomas Grandmothers) down the trail to the little buffalo and followed it a ways, IT IS GORGEOUS, pristine country! I took pictures of the fish on the bottom, the water is so clear and clean. Hope yall have a good trip, and bring back some more pictures!

lightningh
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 12:49:07 pm »

Do you go over there for the Elk Hunts? we took some beatiful pictures of the Elk last year, but my daughter deleted it for me! lol.
I hiked from the house ( Thomas Grandmothers) down the trail to the little buffalo and followed it a ways, IT IS GORGEOUS, pristine country! I took pictures of the fish on the bottom, the water is so clear and clean. Hope yall have a good trip, and bring back some more pictures!
The elk hunts are next weekend... but are tough to draw tags for.. Im goin to put in for them next year. It is definately beautiful country! and thanks! ill try to take a bunch of pics! some may be pretty comical if we try strapping a deer to some of these young mules!  Grin

Lightning H Cattle Co.

craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 03:35:12 pm »

i have a freind that lives in Jasper i go hog hunting with.

we have road alot of the buffalo river area around there too.
definatly some pretty country.

Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2009, 08:00:43 pm »

Here is Rocky, my favorite mule. He needs a haircut in this picture

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2009, 11:04:59 am »

muleman
 i bet he is a good one , not many of those stripped legged mules you can ride with just a ring bit. nice looking mule.

Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: