September 19, 2024, 12:33:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow in Fl?????  (Read 3128 times)
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:00:14 pm »

We are suppost to be getting some snow flurries down here, most likely it will melt and just be cold rain, but the weatherman said you should be able to see a couple of flakes.
This is BS, I want my warm weather back!!!!

John Esker
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:16:27 pm »

you are going to have to live like the rest of us poor fools for a couple of days  Grin

has it ever snowed in florida before?

www.craigloftintrailersales.com
Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:22:32 pm »

Craig, it snowed once back in the 70's. I remember because they closed the schools. Not a lot of snow but it stayed on the roofs and in the shady places for a few hours after daylight.

I like the colder weather, but not sure I want to hunt if its snowing!! I definately like the weather we have been having better than the 98 degree days with 100 % humidity......

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
lonewolf
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:47:28 pm »

I think it's called global warming! Grin

Fear is only a word in the mind of the weak!
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:04:29 pm »

I think it's called global warming! Grin

Oh yeah thats the answer to everything now a days

John Esker
JSEAY
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:07:47 pm »

Can't wait to jump on the airboat and go kill a deer in the morning Shocked.  Bucks moving good can't wait.  As far as the snow that's what they say well see.
crackerc
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:10:02 pm »

Where you going on an airboat? I have one but its a small frog gigging boat. 4 cylinder GP Continental motor. Does good with two people, but three people is a load for it.

makenbeans
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:12:06 pm »

i guess we wlii be wearing our thermals and huddies on sat on the buggy!
 Shocked
JSEAY
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 08:19:22 pm »

Lake Hatchineha and Kissimmee both are about 20 mins from my house.  Got a 13'6" Cottonmouth with a o540.  Goes pretty good with 3 dogs and two grown guys with a cooler and a full gas tank.  My buddy went out last night until around 1:30 a.m. and saw 5 that he said would go on his wall every doe he saw had a buck not far behind.
crackerc
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 08:30:12 pm »

I like that part of the world...... Grin We have a 18' Bass Tracker too that we put in at Southport and fish the river down to Kissimmee. I like catching the Specks this time of year...if I can quit chasing the fool hogs long enough......The Specks are better eating anyway!

I hog hunt a place down by Reedy Creek swamp ( I am not allowed to deer hunt it....unfortunately) and a guy killed a real nice 13 point there this week . He said it came in with a real good 8 point. Another guy killed a 181 lb 19" wide 8 point around the same place last week.......They said the same thing, the bucks are stirred up and chasing does.

JSEAY
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 08:36:41 pm »

Yeah those guys are tearing the speck up right now on Hatchineha.  That whole Reedy Creek area is loaded with huge deer.
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »

Dang Mark, dont tell me your one of them guys out there with 20 cane poles hangin off the side of the boat. Grin
Me and my dad aint caught a dang thing for speck this year, should be getting good now with all of this cold weather.

I saw a monster buck last night at about 12, I might have to try and get him before season ends sunday.

John Esker
crackerc
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 08:43:57 pm »

No, two poles is about all I can handle...... Shocked I fish different than most, I use two spinning reels on rods. No weight, no bobber, just a long shank hook and a minnow. I free cast this and let it drift. I catch Specks, big Bluegill, Channel cats and Bass this way. Even caught a Nile Perch last year and I thought they were vegetarians.......

Pecos21
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »

Lake Hatchineha and Kissimmee both are about 20 mins from my house.  Got a 13'6" Cottonmouth with a o540.  Goes pretty good with 3 dogs and two grown guys with a cooler and a full gas tank.  My buddy went out last night until around 1:30 a.m. and saw 5 that he said would go on his wall every doe he saw had a buck not far behind.

Is Ole "Rattlesnake" the Game Warden still running around down there on his airboat.......

Ol Cottonmouth airboats out of Davenport......  Smiley
JSEAY
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:04 am »

Is Ole "Rattlesnake" the Game Warden still running around down there on his airboat.......

Ol Cottonmouth airboats out of Davenport......  Smiley

I doubt it.  I'm not sure who that was but most the guys out there now are all young guys mid 20's.  Yep Cottonmouth from Davenport that's my grandpa that owns it.
Pecos21
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »

I was born and raised in Davenport...... I have been on a many of 'em!!!!  Good boats............ Grin Caught a bunch of hogs off of them.....
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 08:30:55 am »

I can't wait for some warm weather to come back. I like my Cottonmouth too. It floats like a cork and can haul a load with no worries  Grin

Smiling like a killer
Hog Dog Mike
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 09:07:55 am »

You must be mistaken. It cannot possibly be that cold in Florida. Owl Gore said that we are all going to die from the heat.
makenbeans
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 09:53:11 am »

rainy and windy  with 44 behind its back= laid up in bed
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 12:14:11 pm »

36 degrees here right now  Shocked

Smiling like a killer
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up