October 05, 2024, 05:01:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 hogs and a trip to the vet...(pic heavy)  (Read 1619 times)
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2010, 08:20:10 pm »

We got up at 2.30 on Saturday Morning to beat the day light and try to catch a few hogs creeping across  the fields.  We took our good dogs and all of the young dogs that were old enough to ride.  It was a great day, we caught 14 including a few shoats. 

When we first got there we were shining the open field and the guys spotted a white barr and a black barr crossing the ditch so they threw a few of his buddies dogs out to see if they could stop them.  Lucky who is about 10 months old found and bayed the black barr in a ditch while the white hog slipped off.

We made a few passes until daylight catching pigs/shoats with the young dogs  and then went across the road.  We saw a good boar rooting on a ditch bank so a few of the guys walked their dogs down there and took our little three legged wonder Charlie.  The hog was minding his own business until he spotted the dogs, then he stood there and waited on him.  They tried  him, he shook them off and headed south with Charlie on his heels.  The other dogs squeezed a few pigs and then we were off to where it showed Charlie stopped.  When we got there he had him stopped on a ditch bank so we threw some help to him.  The hog jumped back in the ditch with dogs on his ears, we were finally able to get ahold and drag him up the ditch.  He wound up getting Charlie in the bad leg and giving him a good cut on his cheek.

We rode around, sold the first trailer of hogs, watched them burn a little and then caught a few that came out of the fire.  The guys had a foot race to see who could catch a pig and then we went back across to where we had caught the bar earlier that morning as they were changing shifts and the hogs come creeping when the machines stop.  As we were driving we saw a big black spot trot across the open field so we drove down and put out Goober, Forrest and Lucky.  A few minutes later a big white sow came running out with Goober on her heels, Forrest bayed one in the ditch and Lucky stretched a shoat and we threw Psycho the CD out on a good little boar.  Goober lost his hog, we fished Forrest and his fat little sow out of the ditch, got Pshycho back on the truck and took lucky's shoat when someone shouted "GOOD HOG IN THE FIELD!" so we took Goober and Lucky to him as Forrest was on the opposite side of the ditch.  Goober and Lucky were bayed good so we sent Psycho to them, Forrest swam the ditch and beat Psycho to the bay.

As we drove up  we saw a dog standing on the ditch bank with his back humped up...my husband let out and "oh **** who is that"?  it was Lucky, he along with Forrest took a whooping.  We got the hog loaded, got Lucky laid down and tried to open the hole a little as it wasnt as big as my pinky finger.  As I was rummaging through the bag I found out I was missing my scalpel so we wrapped him up and  took off to the vet.  He was given a great prognosis and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

The barr Lucky found

The boar that Charlie stopped

The boar that got Lucky

Forrest's fat sow

Psycho's Hog

BULLMASTER
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »

Gotta love it!Good job.
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

Giving BULLDOGS a New Name

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »

nice job guys....and gals

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
BOSS HOGG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:22 pm »

man i would love to catch a hog in the wide open like that.

I gotta pack'a pigs Bayed tight in'a Bryar patch!! -945 BOAR BUSTERS-
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:58:55 pm »

man i would love to catch a hog in the wide open like that.

This is our bonus lol...we spend 9 months out of the year hunting thick stuff and this was our first chance to hunt the open fields.
lonewolf
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 08:59:52 pm »

Good job!

Fear is only a word in the mind of the weak!
Jordan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:18 pm »

Good hunt .

" When the TAILGATE drops the BULLSH!T stops "..
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:58 pm »

That's a good day of huntin right there.

Must be nice havin hogs out there right now. I shined for 3 hours friday night and didnt see a single hog.
I hardly ever see anything til the cane gets back up about waist high.

John Esker
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 04:51:30 am »

That's a good day of huntin right there.

Must be nice havin hogs out there right now. I shined for 3 hours friday night and didnt see a single hog.
I hardly ever see anything til the cane gets back up about waist high.

Most of the waist high stuff got burnt by the freeze so they are discing the fields up.  You only see them like this when they are harvesting and quit for a shift change or to go home.  After a day they will be back in whats left of the tall cane or in the heads/retention ponds and they are NASTY! 

We consider it our bonus for having to hunt the tall stuff all year long, there are those that specifically come over to hunt the open fields and so we were up super early to beat them to it as last year we didnt get the chance...RARELY do we ever get lucky enough to see anything standing in an open field, even when it is planted with watermelons or peanuts.  I swear they know the sound of our truck.
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 06:53:17 am »

Sounds like yall were in " hog heaven " sat. morning. LOL Grin

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
Flacracker
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 08:07:04 am »

great hunt , good luck w/ the dogs healin up quick!!

You better watch who goes with ya cause they can make or break the hunt!!!!
ktchemwcurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 08:48:26 am »

Good hunt and good pics, hope your dogs get healed back up!

Take a kid hunting,thats our dogs future!
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:21 am »

Sounds like great fun...I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a hog that didn't have a dog barking at it. Most places we hunt are either head high palmettos or thick swamps. Unfortunately, those don't get affected by the cold much.......so you still can't see the hogs!

Seems like a lot of hogs in that cane if you guys saw that many.

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: