September 19, 2024, 12:39:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday Hunt  (Read 590 times)
JSEAY
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:58:50 am »

Got a call from a buddy said he'd been seeing a bunch of hogs on his ranch so we decided to run the dogs just before dark. I was hoping for a short hunt being I had to be up for work Monday a.m. well as always I was wrong. I dropped the tailgate at around 7:00 pm and got on a hog around 7:30. I guess this was no rookie hog cause he went to the worst swamp on the property. We cut around the backside trying to cut him off with no luck by now we're a good mmile from the truck. The dog never gave up and 3 miles (straight line on google earth) I finally got my hands on the dog and leashed him and headed back to the truck. Had one other cur that doesn't hunt out as far that started winding and going nuts turned him loose and caught this hog about 20 yards from us. All in all it wasn't to bad of a hunt other than getting in bed at 1:00 a.m. Monday having to be at work by 6:30 :'(  I guessed him to be around 120-130 at the most and he was turned loose for another day.
ktchemwcurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:00:27 am »

If you didn't have to work the next day it would have been a 30 min hunt. Seems to always work out that way Huh?

Take a kid hunting,thats our dogs future!
lonewolf
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:48:26 am »

Good hunt!

Fear is only a word in the mind of the weak!
joe
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:22:41 pm »

nice hog man, it never fails, when you have to be at work the next morning something happens and keeps you up all night
Jordan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:06:14 am »

Good hunt..

" When the TAILGATE drops the BULLSH!T stops "..
redneckrambo96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 02:21:41 pm »

good hunt

"GET TO EM HAUSS"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: