September 20, 2024, 12:52:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog trailers  (Read 4165 times)
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:43:13 pm »

I built these trailers about a month ago. Sold them last week at the baying in Mississippi. This is what works for me. Lot of mud and swampland down here in south Louisiana.  The one with the aluminum on it is my personel trailer.

BugBuster
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:16:34 pm »

Nice looking trailers.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:29:23 pm »

Thanks Buster.
Eric
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »

Nice trailers. They look very functional.

"Capitalsim, God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor." http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=HAQ4yNgXelk
bghogdogtx
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37:22 am »

Man those are sharpe

THEY BAYED!!!!
TDHA Member
gottagettem
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:11:45 pm »

the top one is nice. how muchwould that one cost if u had  one to sale
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 11:33:31 am »

I sold the bigger black one for 475 and the small one for 300. The one with the aluminum is my personell trailer. They are very functional if you hunt bayou land, or a lot of muddy terrain. I can also build them to your specs if you want. Four wheeler tires bring the price up, I can build them with boat trailer tires, this will save on the cost. I can also use horse panel instead of expanded metal, this will also bring the price down. If interested, just pm me.
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 05:18:51 pm »

what kind of wait can the tong hold?

Lets go we burning daylight
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 09:07:55 pm »

Hillbilly, I can't give you an exact weight, but my trailer (the last one) was hunted with four high school football players riding on the top, hitting gullies at high speed and I have had no trouble. The axles are centered on the trailer, only the extra weight of the kennels is felt on the tongue. It is only slightly heavier on the front than the back. This was done, so if you ever have to disconnect it, the tongue will sit on the ground and not flip backwards. The trailer carries just about all the weight, not the tongue. My trailer is the biggest and heaviest out of all three, and I have not had any problems.
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 10:19:21 pm »

Ok thanks, just didn't look like the tong was made out of very big pipe in the pics

Lets go we burning daylight
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:58:52 pm »

Hillbilly, the large black trailer is 2 3/8 drill pipe (you're not gonna break it), my trailer and the small black one is 1.25 schedule 40 pipe. Haven't had any trouble and my trailer is the heaviest out of them.
bghogdogtx
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 02:25:52 pm »

MAN I WISH YOU LIVED CLOSER SHOULD WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE LIKE THAT SECOND ONE. DO YOU COME TO TEXAS MUCH???

THEY BAYED!!!!
TDHA Member
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »

Yeah, I go to Mr Mason's place on occasion. I'm in the process of setting up my shop, so I haven't built any lately. As soon as I get my shop in order, I'll start on them again.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:12:38 pm by Beejay » Logged
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:22 pm »

This is the latest trailer that I built last week for Jughead.

bghogdogtx
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 01:07:30 pm »

That thing looks like it can handle it all

Why do you leave that space on the back for???
Noticed you did it to all of them.
So people can sit back there??

THEY BAYED!!!!
TDHA Member
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 01:38:29 pm »

I use the flat bed for putting hogs or dogs on. A couple of people can ride on top of the box, and put there feet on the bed. I have tie down points so a hog can be strapped down on the back.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 05:59:49 pm »

Beejay, how much one to them rigs cost?  I know u must make diff models and sizes. Give us a price on different models if u can?

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Beejay
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 08:51:20 pm »

The last rig will be the design I am staying with. I find the wood is a better look and not nearly as noisy when a dog's tail is thumping on it. The wood can also be changed out.

Bulldog: This is the trailer in the last photos. It is a 3'x6' trailer, with two 2'x3' kennels and a 2'x3' flat bed.
           It comes painted with hitch, top railing, and tie down points.  Price $650

Striker: This trailer is also a 3'x6' trailer with only one 2'x3' kennel and a 4'x3' flat bed. It will be painted
           with hitch, top rail, and tie down points.  Price  $600

Mini:    This trailer is a 3'x4' trailer with one 2'x3' kennel and a 2'x3' flat bed. It will be painted, with
           hitch, top rail, and tie down points. This trailer with resemble the trailer in the top photo,
           but with a wood top and bed. Price  $450

(I will give a six month warranty on any breakage. If it breaks I will repair it for free. This 
           warranty is only covered with trailers being pulled behind an atv, that's what they were made for,
           not a vehicle. This does not cover normal wear and tear, just breakage.)
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »

SWEEET

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
GenStonewall
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 11:50:32 pm »

Where you at and where can I get one?

My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me."--Stonewall Jackson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: