September 28, 2024, 07:11:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catching Longhorns  (Read 1854 times)
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:49:42 pm »

Been working on a clean out job, dogs bayed up a good set today and we caught them all. No picks of the dogs working because we were a little busy but couldn't have done it without them. We don't get to catch straight longhorns very often, I thought ya'll might like to see the pics.

catchrcall
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:22:03 pm »

nice pictures, looks like a long week

LONESTAR WORKING DOG ASSOCIATION
www.lswda.org

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock- Will Rogers
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:00:12 am »

Looking good.  Must make for some big loops.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 08:22:58 am »

I don't know exactly where that is at but the grass sure does look good!  Cattle looked fat and the horses didn't mind a quick snack.  Are those cattle any more rank than most you catch or were they pretty easy going?  Did yall have to make a stop at the tire shop? haha

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
craig
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 08:30:38 am »

good pictures Paul,,    i bet that was a load of fun..

www.craigloftintrailersales.com
Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
Cristina
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:34:18 am »

Great pictures Paul looks like a lot of fun. Is that Hagen there in the box?

Anything can be a weapon if your holding it right.
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »

looks like fun ! were you able to pen any with the dogs or did you have to rope all of'em ?
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 02:43:13 pm »

We are roping them all, I can hold them up with the dogs but they are not going to drive anywhere. These cattle had not been penned in 4 years and were wild and spoiled, run run run. Luckily they are not to hooky after they are roped, but they were using those horns on the dogs like they meant it. AJ took a shot to the jaw and was thrown about 6 feet in the air, he yelped and hit the ground running and caught solid on an ear and stayed hooked untill she was tied down.

Cristina, Hagan has been to work two days and is doing well.

landshark
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »

Them long horns sound like our woods cows. If you don't pen them at least once a year they kinda get on their own plan. Letting a dog chew on their heads for a while normally gets a different attitude out of them.
Bplummer
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 11:34:31 pm »

some good lookin beef                Grin Grin Grin when did cowboys get cell phones Grin Grin Grin

Catch that hog son
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 05:28:14 pm »

Five more today, I have some year old  Plott x Catahoula pups that are turning the crank, we even killed one nice hog.

matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 08:49:23 pm »

Paul I am not trying to get into your business but typically speaking do the people that own the cows want them moved so they call for your services?  Or is it more like your payment is the cattle that you can catch?  Didn't know if y'all were just hauling those to the sell barn or another pasture.  I enjoy the pics!
Matt

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 10:09:09 pm »

We get both kind of jobs, but most of the cattle we get called in to catch are going straight to the sale barn. These cattle were the remnants of a herd that had been mismanaged and allowed to run at large for sometime. I am actually catching these cattle for the Sheriff's office who has impounded them as abandoned livestock, I bid the job at 100% of what they bring at auction. The average clean out job is done on the halves.

matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 10:23:09 pm »

That is interesting, I would think that the sherrifs office would only end up with them if they were running loose etc. I can see where the cattle market directly effects your pay check for sure. Hard to make much if prices were real low. Appreciate the info.

Cristina
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 11:41:24 am »

Cristina, Hagan has been to work two days and is doing well.

Im so glad to hear that...I miss him but those pups are keeping me buys. Boy they are smart!

Anything can be a weapon if your holding it right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: