September 28, 2024, 01:13:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broke leg  (Read 640 times)
catchinpigs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:01 am »

I have a dog that got his leg broke lastnight. It's his back right, right where his hind quarter stops. Is there anything I can do? Will it heal up good or should I just go ahead and get him put down. Any advice would be grateful

Dustin H
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:36:19 am »

as long as it is a clean break you can splint it and put him in a small kennel to keep movement to a minimum.  It should heal up fine....I wouldnt put him down unless it is shattered.  We have had a few that healed up perfectly and you would never know.

If you do not have rymadil available for swelling/pain you can use a dropper of childrens ibuprofen.
hog bit
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 05:49:31 pm »

I have a pup that is more of a pet than hog dog.  She broke fer front leg right there.  The vet put in a plate and ten screws and gave 8 weeks crate rest.  Have you had it x-rayed?
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 05:23:55 pm »

Had one get hit by a car on a Friday night. It was compound. Had him at the vet the next Monday. If it is a good dog I would take it to a vet. Not a good dog I would splint it myself. But either way the dog will need a small crate so they keep weight off it and it will need to be splinted in the correct angles.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
roughdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:00:19 pm »

number 2 can the potlicker  which dog you get hurt

gritty dogs getter done down and dirty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: