September 28, 2024, 09:17:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MANGE NEED HELP NOW  (Read 1265 times)
co
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2010, 09:22:17 pm »

had a dog that was given to me and she had sores on her ears and body where she had been scratching. i just thought she had fleas real bad so i tried countless things to clear her up but nothing worked and the sores started spreading so it led me to believe that it was mange. well now 2 of my other dogs are starting to show the same beginning signs of those sores and i think it might be mange again. any suggestions. please help me if you can
pigdoggin
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:29:13 pm »

had a pit do the same thing go to the local vet ask if they have Mitaban its in little brown bottle. 2.5cc to half gallon of water. in like a gallon jug and pour it on them its smells pretty strong. let dry do not rinse it off. we did it every 3 week till the bottles gone maybe 3 doses. my pit looks like she never had any problem full of hair look good cant even tell.
roughdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »

give them a shot of ivamec under the skin  it will kill the mange mights
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:00:52 pm by roughdog » Logged

gritty dogs getter done down and dirty
tonyamm30
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:33:03 pm »

had a pit do the same thing go to the local vet ask if they have Mitaban its in little brown bottle. 2.5cc to half gallon of water. in like a gallon jug and pour it on them its smells pretty strong. let dry do not rinse it off. we did it every 3 week till the bottles gone maybe 3 doses. my pit looks like she never had any problem full of hair look good cant even tell.

this will work... we did the same thing but we gave ours a bath in it 1 x a week for 4 weeks.  the vet said that if that did NOT work... to give him ivermectin. 

Justin & Tonya Waterman
BigAinaBuilt
Alpha Dog

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:11:14 am »

Nu-Stock is great stuff also if your looking for another route.

Competition is not the domination of others, But rather the pursuit of excellence within each of us.
landshark
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:24:22 am »

The Mitiban works good. My ol lady had a heeler she gave a dose of Ivomec every day for like two weeks per the vet and it cleared up. If you don't want to spend any money like my dad, use the old oil out of a tractor when you change it. He would just pour it over the dog that had mange a couple of times.
Nickjones
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:55:54 am »

how much ivamec?
co
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 02:56:52 pm »

do you have to get  ivamec  at the vet? and anyone know about how much it cost?
roughdog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 04:14:11 pm »

you can get it at the feed store i give i cc under the skin once a week for four weeks it always works for me

gritty dogs getter done down and dirty
LAredneck
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »

x2 on the nu stock, worked well for me.

luke
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 09:27:00 pm »

If you can get your hands on Paramite it is the BEST on the market for sarcoptic mange (contagious) and it takes care of fleas/ticks plus it has a residual of 3 months.    We get the cattle/swine rub and dilute it, I believe it is 1tsp per 1gallon of water, just pour over dog, rub in and let it dry.  There are no side  effects like Mitaban which can make your dog sick/lethargic..

I dont know if anyone mentioned but you shouldnt mix Mitaban and Ivomec, use one and then the other as it supposedly has adverse effects when combined.

BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 10:29:38 pm »

x2 on the nu stock, worked well for me.
X3 Had a pup about 6 months ago that had absolutley no hair from mid body back and sores all over. Kept her coated in Nu-Stock and about 3 weeks later she was growing her hair back and the sores were gone.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
co
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 10:21:32 pm »

thanks for all the suggestions, i really appreciate it.  im gonna go to the feed store monday and see what i can come up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: