September 28, 2024, 11:21:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hounds toes on hind feet turn under when trying to walk  (Read 504 times)
txtreedog
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:06 am »

I have a plott hound that has trouble with hind quarters. when trying to walk his back legs are wobbly and his toes turn under when he walks he getss around but with trouble any ideas what to do?
5G ybmc
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:02:40 pm »

I had a dog do the same thing . he had nerve damage in his back.  bad boar hog.  took 3 weeks to walk right. 2 more month,s to get back to a trot and 5-6month,s to be back ready to hunt. died at 14 years old. last 2 years weak in rear end. but hunted hogs,10 good year,s after he got hurt.  also getting to hot will cause the same thing. give him so time he will get better. if he got to hot you will have to be carefull hunting him in the heat.he will get hot quick.

hope this will help.
                                  5g

If you going to do it do it in style. ( GO YELLOW)
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:39:17 pm »

i hate to be captian obvious, but did you check his pads really good? my blue tick acted like that  after i got her, it took a few days after she started limping but finally her pads started bleeding, im not shore what caused it but it finally heeled

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: