September 28, 2024, 07:13:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright Guys need some help...  (Read 757 times)
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

Ok this is gonn abe kinda long for what it needs to be but im tryin to avoid the comments i know are coming.  I gave my ten year old brother a pitxcur that was never nothin but a yard dog.  Dogs about 9 or so not fixed and told him to put her up when she comes in heat.  being a 10 year old he didnt listen.  Get a call from momma sayin hey "your" dog just had puppies (yeah now its mine again).  Ive got her on puppy food already started building on to the pens to give her some privacy from the other dogs.  Gonna put a fan in it since it gets pretty damn close to 100 in south FL this time of year.  Plenty of water anything else yall can think of? both dos and donts.  Couple big pretty brindle dogs so i might get a catch dog outta it and would like them to make it so i can see for sure.  Thanks for the help..  Oh and first litter at 9 or so and 5 outta 6 made it (so far)
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:59:32 pm »

Know a lot of people disagree but I try and feed the pups asap 3 weeks or so on powered milk.  Really helps the gyp along and mix in dyne to her food and the pups
landshark
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:42:43 am »

X2     we start the pups on calf saver powdered milk and raw hamburger at 3 or 4 weeks old. We also give the bitch the milk also.
bghogdogtx
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:48:27 am »

X3 we slowly start taking the pups off around 3 to 5 weeks, soak some puppy dog food in water untill it gets soft, mush it all up, get pups off as soon as you can

THEY BAYED!!!!
TDHA Member
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:02 pm »

thanks guys i appreciate the help, the pups are only a few days old, already lost two got 4 left.  anything other than the milk i should be giving the bitch?
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 02:43:09 pm »

Dyne not real cheap but good stuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: