September 28, 2024, 07:13:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what frightens u  (Read 2946 times)
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 10:18:22 pm »

Big fuzzy spiders. They make me pucker all over. I'll play with a snake all day, but to hell with them spiders.
X2

Powered by
* Dr.Enuf *
landshark
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 10:24:50 pm »

I had a bobcat climb into a turkey blind with me and it will make you sound like a little girl and find somewhere new to get real fast.
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 10:58:37 pm »

When I was a bow-fishing I was walking along a creek and saw a small black snake tail going into a tire in the creek. I love killing snakes so I was running down the bank fast and putting a judo point arrow on the bow. I threw rock at the tire then stuck a stick all around inside the tire but no snake came out. I even jumped on the tire until the water turned all muddy. Finally I jumped up and down on the tire until I saw black in the water. The biggest water moccasin I have ever seen picked the same bank I did. I was eye to eye with a well over six foot snake only a few feet away. I knew I was well in striking distance. I figured I was going to get bit and there was no way I would let a snake bite me and get away. So I drew my bow and the snake shot off into the tall grass. I had to change my drawers. I never chase a snake I did not get a clear view of and only use a gun for snakes!

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 10:59:46 pm »

I was riden a colt one time that had only been rode a few times and a Buzzard came out of a old ground box stand!! I don't know who it scared worse me or the colt but I highly recommend it don't happen again!! That crap hurt!!

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 05:24:37 am »

Monkeys. Filthy, dirty, poop flinging, hairy human-hand having, prehensile tailed, acting like retarded kids on meth monkeys.

X2 on the monkeys, a few other things might startle me, but i'll straight murder a monkey if I ever saw one in the woods.

John Esker
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 07:38:07 am »

snakes. I dont like them. I will turn and run, no matter if I have a gun or not.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
cujo72
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:03 am »

The most scared I have ever been was about five or so years back I was deer hunting in west texas it was one of those cold days but the sun was warm I was half asleep and an 6" tall barn owl flew into the stand with me we fought to a draw after a couple of minutes and i backed out of the tower blind and let him have it. Yes you guessed it I was the loser a 280lbs man got whooped by a 6" tall barn owl

" A bad dog eats as much as a good one"
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 08:22:18 am »

I will push around spiders and catch every snake in the woods but......

I hate damn Bees and Wasps and for some reason they seem to feel the same way about me!

I will kick a Sasquatch in his jewels and run over his back to get away from a yellow jacket nest! Grin 
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:01 am »

Big ugly women!!   Grin When I was younger I had a 300 lb woman walk up and put her arm around me and try to get me to go home with her.......said she wouldn't do anything to me I wouldn't like. I ducked and ran!!! Scared the H#ll out of me!! LOL

Machine73 you sure don't like monkeys do you? Seems a year or so ago you made a post about monkeys when I told that monkey story. I am not too keen on them either, they look too much like folks!

Lynel, I am with you too. I hate yellow jackets, wasps and bees. They too seem to hate me. One night hunting at the ranch we drove over a yellow jacket nest in the ground, the ground gave way and the truck got stuck. Yellow jackets flying around by the hundreds and stinging everything they ran into at night. We had the windows down in the truck, so we broke and ran.....then we realized we had dogs in the box! Someone had to go back and let the dogs out before they got stung to death.....bet you can guess who had to do that....I am STILL hurting from that it seems and it was years ago!

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 10:40:40 am »

The most scared I have ever been was about five or so years back I was deer hunting in west texas it was one of those cold days but the sun was warm I was half asleep and an 6" tall barn owl flew into the stand with me we fought to a draw after a couple of minutes and i backed out of the tower blind and let him have it. Yes you guessed it I was the loser a 280lbs man got whooped by a 6" tall barn owl
The sound a owl or any other bird of prey makes when they are trying to scare something is no joke. It will send tingles up your spine like nothing else will. Luckily my sister does wild animal rehab (tree hugger) but I went over and she had an owl in a dog carrier with something broke. But when you got near it would do a screeching hiss sound! But I learned that means they are scared if not they attack real quite. But it will scare the poop out of the biggest man!

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 11:28:40 am »

Well that digger ran out and scared landon, i saw it coming, thought that was funny. then bout an hour later his phone went off and i bout gave me a hart attack, but one night me and some friends were in some thick stuff really piggy, and one of my best friends is scared of pigs i guess, cause one of my dogs ran out of the brush at him he screamed, pulled his knife and ran, it was great

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 04:30:46 pm »

Scared of no man or animal.... tell me I've got to give a speech in front of a thousand people and I turn into a quaking pile of jello....   Grin

... they asked me to do an interview for the local paper a few months ago...   let's just say I said no thankyou Grin 

It seems the longer I know about it before hand, the worse I get... put me on the spot though... and I can wing it with the best of 'em!!! Huh?

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
chainrated
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

Rattlesnakes !

Our houses are protected by the good lord and a gun, you might meet em both if you show up here unwelcome son..
TJR89
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 06:14:26 pm »

i have to agree with quail. when its pitch black and your walking to the deerstand the last thing i want is 10 or 15 birds flying up right under my nose. that makes my heart pound and i jump every single time

bay em son!
Tusk Hog
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 08:32:11 pm »

Years ago while still in high school. And to tell my age fur was still bring good money. A buddy and myself were walking down a river bank shining eyes in the trees. We had walked a far bit and sat down on the bank to rest. Probably sat there 15 to 20 minutes in complete silence just listening to the night sound. My buddy went to get up and all of a sudden all hell broke loose. Sounded like someone standing on the bank firing a 410 shotgun into the water. We scrambled to some cover and just looked at each other. We could hear something moving in the water, so we moved very carefully to the edge of the river bank. Turn our lights on and shined at the water. First blasted beavers I ever saw in central Texas, some 30 years ago. They had heard my buddy move in the dark and slapped their tail against the water. Sure had a reality check. Took quite awhile to get back to breathing.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 08:43:02 pm »

Lmao that one is good tusk a buddy of mine was putting out duck decoys and was out in the water and one slaped its tail right behind him said he did not go under but his wadders sure became wet and warm lol
machine73
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 08:48:52 pm »

Machine73 you sure don't like monkeys do you? Seems a year or so ago you made a post about monkeys when I told that monkey story. I am not too keen on them either, they look too much like folks!

Absolutely a correct statement. If my job were to stand in front of a chipper shredder and feed it live monkeys all day, I would be a very contented man.

More biology; less technology
Tusk Hog
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 09:02:42 pm »

The buzzard one of cward I can relate to. One afternoon me and the wife left the barn on two colts. I will promise everyone had warned her there was a turkey hen sitting a nest under a bush one the side of the road. Well she decided to lope ahead on her colt. The turkey flew up in front of the colt since there's a high fence blocking its escape on the other side. Now picture this I have to ride up to her sitting in the middle of a dirt road holding the reins of this colt( that had just turned a 360 out from under her). And trying not to laugh ask if she was alright. Think it actually came out I TOLD YOU SO!!!
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 10:13:23 pm »

i grew up in the woods with all manner of beasts, broke colts and rode bulls in highschool, started making a living in the logwoods by myself cutting timber and dragging logs  with a pair of green 2 year olds when i was 16, been married to the same woman for 8 years, had 4 kids (3 could have easily died shortly after birth ) .

been through a house building , the wifes breast cancer surgery , and now chemotherapy (in the last 7 months ) .

not much scares me except the world that my kids are going into when they are older .

the good lord has always protected my family and my stupid self , (lots of times i've made it a big job for him ) and he always will .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: