September 28, 2024, 09:17:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of yall turn the bad ones loose?  (Read 2175 times)
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 09:13:31 pm »

come on noah... it always makes me feel better when you catch a big boar and turn him loose knowing that he is just goin to get bigger...

Heck, turning them loose is way more fun than catching them...my grandma can stick a hog, thats too easy...but she dang sure cant get up off a big nasty to turn him loose.

i agree with that.. anybody can walk up to a hog with a catchdog holding it and put a knife in it and step back... it is a rodeo to wrestle him down and cut him and turn him loose and get away from him before he gets you lol...

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 09:24:52 pm »

Ha Ha Grin ... where's the middle finger smiley when you need it ??  Grin....

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 09:38:43 pm »

Noah,

As long as I am catching hogs I could care less if I ever caught another one over 200 pounds. I can recall a few time when I was getting on nothing but big nasties and I was saying out load, "why cant I just catch a sow or a shaolt every now and then!?" However;!................ I still wouldn’t hesitate to turn my dogs out in those trophy properties you refer too though! Im not sure that I can grow out of a challenge when I come across one! For nobody else but me! I know my dogs can’t. Grin
Im funny like that!

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 09:42:56 pm »

Just let me know when... I can point you in the right direction!

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 09:47:26 pm »

I dont know about yall but I aint never been disappointed by catchin any hog, i aint got to have my dogs cut to pieces to have a good hunt.. But that might be my billfold talking laugh Grin

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:24 pm »

Just let me know when... I can point you in the right direction!
That dont mean I want to go there every day! lol

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
landshark
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 05:34:48 pm »

We cut and mark all of them on our property, just something I was taught by my grandpa. On the peanut farms the farmers would probally be removing mine if he seen we let one loose. If one ever kills a dog there aint no thinking about it I'm killem graveyard dead.
bolo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 09:03:27 pm »

I live in the pineywoods of La.No farmland close by.We cut & mark every boar we catch.We do hunt farmland pretty often, and catch & tie the hogs we catch there & bring them home & "range deliver" them in our hunting ground.Don't remember the last time I killed a hog in the woods (all cut & release or catch & tie).We bring a few bars out for meat hogs.

the old blue boar
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: