September 19, 2024, 06:07:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dc 30 vs dc 40  (Read 1108 times)
catch-n-tie
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:34:27 pm »

what does the 40 do that the 30 does not. how many have yall have upgraded and was it worth it? are the handhelds any different or is it just the collars?
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:18:33 pm »

x2 i have been wondering the same thing.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
catch-n-tie
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:31:45 pm »

the only thing i can tell that is different from the garmin website is that the 40 can be set up to 120 sec transmiting and it has a pin code to keep other people from tracking your dogs. the difference aint worth the $50.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »

the only thing i can tell that is different from the garmin website is that the 40 can be set up to 120 sec transmiting and it has a pin code to keep other people from tracking your dogs. the difference aint worth the $50.

x2, however i do like the fact you can keep people from tracking your dogs..
NThoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »

they have changed a bunch of small things that i had trouble with on the dc30's.  they are on dayglo type collars so you can now run an ecollar and dc40 on one collar, have longer whip style antennas, everything is inside one unit now instead of having the wires running up to the gps part.(it's all one piece),  the best part is the charging sytem, they now have charging cradles that just snap in place much like a tritronics charger.  i have only been running the dc40's  for about a week now so i will keep you updated.  it was a "no-brainer" for me to upgrade since they addressed all the issues i had with th dc30's Wink

North Texas Hog Hunters
T.D.H.A member
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 08:52:20 am »

They don;t seem to track as well as the DC-30s do. probably because the part that talks to the satellites is on the bottom of the collar now instead of on the top part which faces the sky like it is on the DC-30s
catch-n-tie
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:19:11 pm »

well i havent had any problems with the 30s. just lose signal after bout 900yrds. got the long range antennae but the darn thing is always at the truck when i need it. there is always that one thing you always forget to grab. some of them range farther than others too. dont understand that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: