October 25, 2024, 07:21:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How high have you seen your cur jump??  (Read 1433 times)
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:02:44 am »

I made the mistake this morning of letting my male BMC run loose,, He was in the house last nite and i didn't feel like walking him to his kennel in the cold before bed so i let him stay on the porch last nite, got up this morning and let him and my wife's dog out to pee,, SO I'm standing on the porch in shorts and a tee shirt and he heads straight for my hog pen FULL STEAM and clears the 6 foot gate and is in with 3 sows and a boar!!!!!!   OH  Huh?  Shocked  after scramblimng to get dressed and get back there,, he almost has the ear off of one sow and is caught on another already,, Thats a hell of a work out at 6:30 in the morning with 7" of snow by yourself ..  Any how he can clear a 6' fence on problem!!  Shocked

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:11 am »

my cat/curr clears fences all the time takes them in stride

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:53 am »

my cousin up in Teauge used to have a boxer/pit who could jump from standing still to up on the toolbox on my 2500 hd 4x4 thats about 5' and i thought that was impressive till i was loading up dogs one day and this BMC i had for a while got exited and jumped from the ground to the top of the cab of the same truck, close to 7foot!!!

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
kbar
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:46:38 pm »

my bmc gonzo clears a cattle panel like its nothing...he also jumps in the back of our chevy and in the window to "load up". here is a lil video of him jumping the fence in the front yard...he isnt allowed in the front with the lil dogs...but he cant help but to join in to there lil pack.
watch closely.
slow run and jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkPthPrvJg
just a jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUxd0BAbtSQ
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:52:48 pm by kbar » Logged
TXgrrl
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »

Lol, I know this post is for curs but I can't help being reminded of a big Rhodesian Ridgeback male I had when I was little. When we lived in town for a short while Big Red would straight jump up on our 7-8 foot privacy fence and walk it like a cat. Everyone in the neighborhood couldn't believe their eyes when they'd see a 90-100pound dog walking the fenceline lol. Still haven't ever figured out how he did it, that dog could jump or dig outta anything.....even funnier the neighbors Jack Russel figured out how to jump on the picnic table to the top of the fence and would walk the fence with Red! Good memories....
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:24:18 pm by txgrrl » Logged
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 02:07:05 pm »

my bmc gonzo clears a cattle panel like its nothing...he also jumps in the back of our chevy and in the window to "load up". here is a lil video of him jumping the fence in the front yard...he isnt allowed in the front with the lil dogs...but he cant help but to join in to there lil pack.
watch closely.
slow run and jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkPthPrvJg
just a jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUxd0BAbtSQ

That is impressive.  He took it completely in stride, and made it look easy.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 02:12:35 pm »

My ridgeback and rr crosses can flat jump know the rr will jump straight up and his head will be way over mine and that is just jumping straight up
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 04:59:02 pm »

Kbar ,, those are cool video's ,, That's the way my BMC took the tall gate on my bay pen this morning,, It was like he had been dreaming of doing it,when I let him out he ran straight there and went over the gate like it was nothing. I would have loved to catch it on video. Thanks for sharing.

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »

One time a friend of mine had a rottwieler that when ever she would tell it to "load up" it would jump into her car through the sunroof. It pretty funny to watch. She would unload the same way, through the sunroof.  Cheesy

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
TX HOG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »

I had a hog in my dog box in my ram 2500 4x4. 33" tires. The box was 30" tall. The pit cur in my avatar jumped straight up on top of it.
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

I have never seen mine jump much more than tailgate high. Cheesy

Got a friend that had a dog named Biggun. I watched him jump up on the limb of a big oak about 5 and a half foot off the ground just to look around a big palmetto flat we were in. I have a lot of stories about that dog. He was very athletic.

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 11:20:13 pm »

Mine made it over an eight foot fence. I did not see it so it may not have been clean but she was going to get that squirrel. She can easily clear a closed tailgate without any running. Grin

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: