October 26, 2024, 06:30:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dogo crosses or crosses in general....post up some photos  (Read 4432 times)
orrbull48
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 03:39:40 pm »

does anyone use any dogo cross? catdo etc? ive heard of a few stag/dogos, but i was just curious if anyone wanted to post up some pix of their crosses.
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 06:44:07 pm »

Know some do but the dog was bread for hunting hogs. Why mess with it?

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 06:47:13 pm »

hey do a search on me i have a couple posts here latly of my dogo crosses im happy with mine all catching good and young
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:34:07 pm »

I am going to give this on a try as a CD. He is a bulldog/dogo cross. Very trainable, laid back, and eager to please. This particular cross has been a good one for a smart, well mannered, hard catching CD the other times his breeder has made it. I hope he turns out to be the same.
He is big but moves very well for a puppy.

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 08:11:48 pm »

I am going to give this on a try as a CD. He is a bulldog/dogo cross. Very trainable, laid back, and eager to please. This particular cross has been a good one for a smart, well mannered, hard catching CD the other times his breeder has made it. I hope he turns out to be the same.

man ninja that pup is slick looking. what are you feeding him? he sure looks good. i will feed him if you get tired Grin

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
TT
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »

Got a dogo greyhound will try post pics Tommrow don't have any good ones on phone
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 08:39:54 pm »

Thanks Peachcreek!

All he gets is Victor dog food and anything my grand daughter slips him from her high chair when no one is looking. I try not to get excited about a pup, especially a CD prospect. He has such a good temperament and handle that I will be sick if he doesnt catch good though. He is out of a proven cross and thats why I took the chance on him. Time will tell. Im going to start showing him a hog this spring.
Im looking for a good handling, hard catching, leggy CD that heals to my mule and is sent to a bay on command. He has a tall order to fill for what Im looking for in a CD. He looks like he may run a little on the big side but his handle and build is right on the money so far.

Purebreedcolt, are those catxdogos you have out of Mr Mason's stock? I missed them when you posted the pictures but did a search and had a look. Nice dogs! I wanted to try that cross from Mr Mason's stock but couldnt find one anywhere.

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:07 pm »

No they are ridgeback/dogo then the white one is dogo/ab.  Think they are going to be ok they don't bark at a pig and catching ok for pups.  Wish they were older so I could really put them to the test think they are going to make some rcds possibly lead ins. 
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 08:49:44 pm »

I agree Ninja, I really like the way he is put together

kevin
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:21 pm »

Dogos may be bred for hunting but they have plenty of faults.  I cross them mostly to ad some color for health reasons.

texasguy23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:10:06 pm »

This is izzy she's a bull/dogo
mex
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 09:38:10 pm »

I will get some pics up but my Dogo bitch was bred with one of the best catchdogs I have seen out of Mr.Masons yard.He is a Catdo named Sojo.Bet these are gonna be hell.And like Kevin said a whole lot less problems.Mine came out all white bodied with some pirating and ear coloring.

"it's not the dying im afraid of.....it's the living"
-lonesome dove
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »

This is izzy she's a bull/dogo

is izzy a ab cross or pit cross with a dogo? How old is she?

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 10:28:06 pm »

Dogos may be bred for hunting but they have plenty of faults.  I cross them mostly to ad some color for health reasons.

is this dog a dane x dogo?

TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:08 pm »

looks kinda like a RRxDogo

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:34:18 pm »

what ever it is i like the shape. i didnt notice the brindle in it at first. i might be off base with the dane part Huh?

kevin
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 08:35:25 am »

No dane for me.  Boarhounds are too much dog for me.  Its a Parker/Dogo.
orrbull48
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:44:51 am »

bulldog.....by that do you mean pit or american bulldog?
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 09:16:34 am »

bulldog.....by that do you mean pit or american bulldog?

Pit

DubbleRDawgs
Hog Master

Proud to be a TDHA Member!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 09:38:08 am »

Ninja  i think that is a cull ,you just need to send it  to me  Grin just kiddin that is a good looking dog  Smiley how old is it  Huh?

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: