October 26, 2024, 02:21:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost Lost My Best Dog Today, Just Ordered Garmin  (Read 1075 times)
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:18:41 pm »

I finally broke down and bought a Garmin today after a pretty bad scare. My Parker cur pup, Rooster, jumped a big hawg out of a blown over tree this evening and stayed on him for 3 hours. He bayed for just a second and the hawg broke and ran. I made a big loop looking for him with no luck. Finally found him headed back to the truck with a bad cut in the back side of his shoulder and into his ribs that almost got his heart. I thought I didn't need a tracking collar cause I was hunting a little patch of woods that was surrounded by a clear cut and houses but it was so thick in the middle, he could have been anywhere in there and I'd have never found him if he'd been hurt worse. That'll almost make you want to quit altogether seein' 'em get cut like that. Sure shook me up.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:28:46 pm by Mike » Logged

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
Tomball Dogos
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:31:39 pm »

glad to see you got your dog back and he will heal up just fine

DACA Hunting Judge
TDHA MEMBER
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:35:12 pm »

Just got a garmin at Christmas. It's a nice piece of equip, it was a gift I have been using a quick track , now I don't think I could hunt with out the garmin.

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41:06 pm »

i been useing a quick track , the other night we got on a hog in a creek an it broke my buddys dogs went 900 yrds on his gps , my quick trak keep ponting me back towards were we struck the hog , i thought he was dead but finally after walking all over trying to figure out were he was he finally came walking up , i donno what the heck he was doin , but needless to say i ordered a garmin this week too lol  Wink
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 11:00:48 pm »

When you got that parker pup ,, you shouldve known that you needed a garmin man,, them dogs get gone quick...

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
ChrisTicer
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:24:13 am »

Love the Garmin. It makes the hunt much more fun. More hog hunting, less dog hunting.
nogalus boy
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 09:57:35 am »

Love the Garmin. It makes the hunt much more fun. More hog hunting, less dog hunting.
That aint no lie. I dont know how we did it without them Garmins. Saves a load of time trying to track down dogs.
Backwoods
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 01:27:45 pm »

welcome to the world of parker dogs..    thats almost all I hunt with and the way they range my GPS has saved me a lot of gas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: