September 29, 2024, 04:28:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: weatherford ben bloodline  (Read 15134 times)
c.miller
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 08:58:37 am »

I owned AJR Tyson for a while and was not impressed with his drive. He was a real dominant dog and spent more time on the ground trying to fight than hunting. In his defense I got him with some age...could of been his raising...I don't know.
ancuegar
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 12:53:58 pm »

i have a weatherford ben grandson that is 56% weatherford ben on 33 crosses.  he is a pink nose bmc.  he is coming on a year and has lots of drive.  he rolls out like an old dog.  he gets to a bay like an old dog.  i started him about a month ago and is getting better and better every hunt.  i have high hopes for this dog.  my future dogs will come from the same breeder.  very impressed with his dogs.
joe
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 04:26:02 pm »

the yeller dog in the pics is a young dog that i got at 6mnths old and had ben blood in him. the first hog i showed  he caught and was harder to break than most bulldogs.  he was finding hogs byhimself at a year old. really gritty. i lost in hunting
MAV
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 03:24:33 pm »

NUTTING IS THAT BO NUTTING FROM MIDLOTHIAN TX ?? I KNOW HE HAS HAD BLACKMOUTHS FOR MANY YEARS
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 11:04:04 pm »

Heres a good little writeup on him

Weatherford's Ben

Owned by: Randy Wright

Weatherford's Ben world champion hog catch dog, world champ cow dog, world bench champion, hall of famer, to date has
produced the only world champion other than himself. Has produced many other hall of fame dogs and is the nations
number one all time producing stud dog for this breed. Of the top ten stud dogs of record most carry Ben genetics, some are
sons, some are grand sons, and one is even a great grand son. As a matter of fact there is only one top ten stud dog not
carrying the Ben genetics.  In Randy Wright's humble opinion Ben was the best cow dog he ever saw until his son Wright's
Bounty Hunter got old enough to show his stuff. Hunter works identical to Ben in that he is a rock solid catch dog that even
hard core bulldog men can admire, and have. LOL A cold nosed wide hunter that proved he would rather pass out baying
cattle right next to water than look out for a drink an leave his work. Now that's desire folks and it don't come easy you gotta
have it in the genes so you better start with it right up front or your playing catch up. Ben was 65 pounds in working shape,
produced heart, intelligence, drive and desire. Bred by Mike Bauman in Oklahoma Ben was fawn yellow, black nosed, long
legged, deep wide chested, high tight flank, long body. Was known to have been placed on a 24 hour old track of some rank
Braford brush cattle which he then trailed 6 miles or so bayed, an settled to be penned. Ben was known to have a slobbering
glaze eyed focus on a bay, really worked a front end lead but had the intelligence listen, and so do his pups given the right stimulation an training.  This ain't a flaming advertisement just some truths about an out standing line of working dogs and what kind of things you can expect when you make a move towards the Foundation Blackmouth Cur for a working breed. There were 40 + litters off Ben all turned out to be above average for the most part, he has pups in 43 states, doing a wide range of different tasks showing the breeds
versatility, there are 18 different breeding programs using this blood in the states an one in Canada, most are stock
working or professional hunters. Folks, facts just can't lie!

All of these world ch etc,etc were with in the same registry and not open competition to all yellow dogs or cur dogs in general correct?  was he competing against bulldogs for his world hog catch ch?

Not knocking the dog or the line but w/ so many produced why do we not here more about them?  I had a few when the registry started that didn't suit me and one that did.Is every one who posted that had these still using them? 

I did not hear of any ben dogs at the cattle dog trials in Oklahoma recently.

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 09:15:50 am »

hype?

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 10:08:57 am »

Don't know anything about the competitions, but I'm sure it would be like anything else.  Depends on whose eye is looking.  What suits one will not suit another.  That's just the way it's always been, and way it will always be.  I've read about some of the so-called tests and how they do their "boar" testing or whatever....such a joke.

Some love these dogs and some claim nothing but culls.  Neither side will probably ever change the others mind.  Same old argument, different day...blue pit vs. black pit, catahoula vs. black mouth, dogo vs. ab....etc, etc, etc.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
dgdawsonBMCs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 10:41:54 am »

No, but Ben came from dogs that were at the bay event..
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 10:49:45 am »

Contact bob cox curdogcox@yahoo.com or cell 817 360 4685 he has the tightest ben breeding i believe is possibble if not its in the top 2% no b.s. I am amazed when i see his dogs that dont know anything hunt like a finished 4 year old dog and its only there 2 or 3 time in the woods unbeleiveable work ethic wtih john wayne ross on his waiting list for a pup...thats the man who registers bmc's in texas.
dgdawsonBMCs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 11:17:38 am »

FYI Not the highest possible, but probably the highest % living. (pretty high%)  I know Bob and he has a 75% Ben Male dog, he is one of my partners (kds Blackmouth Curs).. John Wayne Ross is the president of Southern BlackmoutH Cur Breeders Association (SBMCBA).. However, most of the Ben dogs are registered through the Foundation Blackmouth Cur registration (Founded by Randy Wright)..
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 11:24:00 am »

I know kory, bob,donald, and have met Jake in lousiana a time or two. Good fellas (except kory  Grin) I am still teaching him a bunch of stuff and he is hard headed so it takes him longer--lol. Who are you, and how long have you been with them? My name is grant. I was over a bobs last wk and he got sams brother ruger sired by tank they are some good looking dogs!!!
AnthonyB
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 11:59:09 am »

I know this is gona start something.

I don't think you see a lot of them around because people don't want to pay for them. The puppys with the right breeding and confirmed genetics are not cheap and most of the hog hunters I know are cheap as hell when it comes to buying puppys. People talk about them being good or bad, culls or not, but fbmcbo breeders like Randy have a 100% guarante on the pups that they sell. If they aren't what you want at a year he will refund your money or get another pup to you. Not going to find a more honest and strait up man that will stand behind his breeding and dogs.

I hunt and breed FBMCBO,inc. dogs. (Weatherford's Ben)

TDHA BOD
Randy_P
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 12:02:52 pm »

You could not have said it any better AnthonyB!!!! You are right on the money. 
dgdawsonBMCs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 02:27:01 pm »

Gregg Dawson...I guess I have been with them for about 2 years or so..I am down in Southeast Texas (around Beaumont), so don't get to see them much..We get to talk dogs every now an then on the phone though...Good luck with Kory, he is a tough nut to crack..
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 02:39:28 pm »

Oh, bobs told me about you he said your like a mad scientist when it comes to line breeding and genetics. he said you have studied all the books etc. and i believe was telling me that a line bred dog thats a cull will throw more good dogs than a scatter bred dog who hunts well but his lineage didnt. What kind of books? I am interested in that stuff.
dgdawsonBMCs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 02:53:14 pm »

Some of the genetics books are pretty good, but most are just recycled trash, but there are two books I would recomend.   The Walk with Wick books by John Wick (Volumes 1 and 2).  He is a coon hunter, owned a dog supply company for several years and has bred and trained coon dogs for over 40 years.

Mad scientist is probably right, cause it will make you go crazy.   
kaycee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 10:18:23 pm »

What will truly make you crazy is when you try to explain line-breeding to Kory...as in good verses bad. I like to put a scatter bred dog into my lines every once in awhile, some do some don't.  The ben line is like every line of dogs out there, some are good, some are bad, and some are great.  Alot depends on what you are looking for in a dog. Good blood lines are important, but so is the working ability of the dogs you actually breed. Grant, sometimes when you try the impossible it really is impossible. If Kory calls me mom and I won't try to straighten him out you might want to admit defeat..lol
dgdawsonBMCs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 08:56:38 am »

Yep...Kory is a great guy, but he has his theory and you can't change it..I think what he doesn't realize is the dogs he has seen that were scatter bred actually came from good/great lines of dogs (hence two linebred dogs together with concentrated genes on both sides)...However, I want to see what those F1 pups produce without taking them back to one of the lines...I have also told him that breeding good dog to good dog you will lose most of what you started with in a couple of generations.  Not only that, but how can you determine what you will produce?  could be anything...I personally want to be able to know what to expect from a breeding (as much as I can anyway)...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: