September 28, 2024, 06:16:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Boar and Dogged "One Out"  (Read 2734 times)
L3Outdoors
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:32:38 pm »

This is my nephew the great white hunter, no really his name is Hunter White age 13. After several years of asking, his mother finally let him go hunting with us using the dogs. He has been hunting sence age 5 but never with the dogs. Logan the 10 month old Dogo owned by Andrew Self winded this boar from around 800 yards out. After a short race Logan made good by picking the boar out of the group and holding "One Out" without fuss till we could catch up in the zero visability fog. I later asked Hunter what he thought of catching the boar and he said " I was scared, but that was AWESOME" We called it a night after that and made the slow drive home in the heavy fog. My freind Matt Radel came along for this hunt and brought his dog Xena witch is a six month old female Ridgeback puppie out of Capstick. Xena was the only pup from that litter that had identical color and markings as Capstick.
texas tusker
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »

Logan the 10 month old Dogo owned by Andrew Self winded this boar from around 800 yards out.

L3outdoors,a nu-bee here.what do you mean by winded?i am new to hog hunting and trying to learn the lingo,sometimes you guys have conversations and i don't know what's being said.is there and index or something that can teach me these words or meanings.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7
aussiedogger
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 07:07:23 pm »

winded means scented. so when they say for eg. Logan the 10 month old Dogo owned by Andrew Self winded this boar from around 800 yards out. they mean : logan the ten month old dogo owned by Andrew self smelt and went to the boar from around 800 metres.

Till death do they part:) luggers for life!
Jeff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 07:20:32 pm »

winded means smelled scent in the air as oppossed to on the ground.
L3Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:23:25 pm »

Yes that is what I ment. The boar was around 800 yards from us when the dog picked up his sent from the air NOT from smelling a fresh trail the hog walked on.
tnichol
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 07:24:49 pm »

Nice job! Nothin like taking a youngster out for his first hunt and getting a nice one for him.
I've got 2 teenage sons and they both still hunt with me - they sometimes will bring along a buddy or a buddy and his dad, those types of hunts are always special. Congratulations to Hunter!

Tim

- Proud member TDHA dedicated to protecting and pr
L3Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:28:31 pm »

Texas tusker, go to Texasboars and look under the dog section there should be a post called (terms and defentions). That is probley the best put together list I have seen so far. I want cover it all but it should really help.
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 07:40:25 pm »

nice hunt

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
Bigl
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 10:40:41 pm »

This is my nephew the great white hunter, no really his name is Hunter White age 13. After several years of asking, his mother finally let him go hunting with us using the dogs. He has been hunting sence age 5 but never with the dogs. Logan the 10 month old Dogo owned by Andrew Self winded this boar from around 800 yards out. After a short race Logan made good by picking the boar out of the group and holding "One Out" without fuss till we could catch up in the zero visability fog. I later asked Hunter what he thought of catching the boar and he said " I was scared, but that was AWESOME" We called it a night after that and made the slow drive home in the heavy fog. My freind Matt Radel came along for this hunt and brought his dog Xena witch is a six month old female Ridgeback puppie out of Capstick. Xena was the only pup from that litter that had identical color and markings as Capstick.
L3Outdoors is your friend lookin to sell Xena?  If not would he take the right price for her? If so gimme a call we WILL buy her!

Logan Bolton Afro
(901) 831-1713
L3Outdoors
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:08 pm »

Matt has known and hunted with me for a long time and seen the quality of my Ridgebacks you would probley have a better chance finding a beach in Utah than getting him to sell that dog.
mradel
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:42 pm »

bigl thanks but xena is not fore sale
Doggie
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 05:20:42 pm »

Isn't the Great Salt Lake in Utah?  Would that qualify as a beach?

If you aint willing to stay on the ground and fight with your dogs, get the He!! out of the woods city boy stay in the stand and shoot em.
mradel
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 05:26:54 pm »

salt lake city is to but she is still not fore sale
L3Outdoors
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 10:33:44 pm »

Here is the video. Matt flipped and hobbled it then we let Hunter dispach him when we got home. Mabee after quite a few more hunts we will let Hunter start flipping them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbmqr8OWSHk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 11:15:58 pm by L3Outdoors » Logged
Flatbroke
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 11:40:51 pm »

L3outdoors,  Very nice dogs and hog.  How were you able to tell how far the strike was made. 

next time I shave my Ass, we are gonna have to glue it on them slick haired ones.
nothing
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 04:10:58 am »

very nice hog mate congrats
L3Outdoors
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 10:36:01 am »

GPS If used right you can tell every thing your dog is doing. He was walking till he hit 800 yards then he ran 35MPH for 200yards so that tells me he didnt see the hogs till he was 800yards out.
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 11:14:44 am »

Sounds to me like you need to take that dog to the track.  Statistics say above average dogs run 19 mph.  Fastest greyhound ever clocked ran 37.4 mph.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
Flatbroke
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 05:07:15 pm »

GPS If used right you can tell every thing your dog is doing. He was walking till he hit 800 yards then he ran 35MPH for 200yards so that tells me he didnt see the hogs till he was 800yards out.

Awesome,  Those GPS units are great.  I saw one utilized in Gonzalez not to very long ago.  I asked him where he thought a dog was, he told me,  278 feet over there. then showed me where it had been. 

next time I shave my Ass, we are gonna have to glue it on them slick haired ones.
TT
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 07:09:58 pm »

Sounds to me like you need to take that dog to the track.  Statistics say above average dogs run 19 mph.  Fastest greyhound ever clocked ran 37.4 mph.
lol thats wat i was thinking
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: