September 21, 2024, 05:33:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ????????? any answers would be greatly appreciated  (Read 1992 times)
southtexasff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 04:51:03 pm »

I have never heard of that but I do know that you can put vicks on a female that is in heat and it will block the scent so you can hunt her with males and they will leave her alone.

Doesnt work.  A dog's nose has the ability to pick apart scents.  When people smuggle dope they try masking it with different cover scents i.e. grease, mustard, soap.  A dog is able to work past the strongest odor and work other odors mixed in.  I was given the example if you smell a hamburger a dog can smell the meat, cheese, bread, lettuce, and tomato.
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

I'm surprised that one of our collage going hog hunters hasn't posted about writhing a paper on this subject yet.  Cheesy

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
Hamilton_hogger
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 05:01:22 pm »

lol

James long
795 CR 101
Hamilton TX 76531
(254)386-6415
!
TimmsHogDogs
Alpha Dog

CRAZY DOG KENNELS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:40 pm »

yeah but if you fix your dog, you basically screw yourself if it is a really good dog, because then you can reproduce the bloodline or good traits from that dog

*Crazy Dog Kennels*
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 12:20:51 am »

I have never heard of that but I do know that you can put vicks on a female that is in heat and it will block the scent so you can hunt her with males and they will leave her alone.

Doesnt work.  A dog's nose has the ability to pick apart scents.  When people smuggle dope they try masking it with different cover scents i.e. grease, mustard, soap.  A dog is able to work past the strongest odor and work other odors mixed in.  I was given the example if you smell a hamburger a dog can smell the meat, cheese, bread, lettuce, and tomato.

I believe this to be true, I had a plott jerk a pole cat out of a hole and shake the snot out of it, got sprayed BAD, I thought he wont be smelling anything for a day or two. After some much needed training  Grin sent him on and, 5 mins later treed a lay up coon. I wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen with my own eyes.