September 22, 2024, 04:26:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Boars in Thirty Minutes!  (Read 2220 times)
Easttex
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:53:12 am »

Man!!!! Today was quick and fun!!  Grin  Grin

We unloaded at 6:30 am and were getting everything loaded on the 4wheelers. The dogs were running around doing their normal greeting of each other for a few seconds and then they were gone. We looked for them and saw them on a tree line several hundred yards away. Three little dots running along and then it turned into five little dots. They found two good little boars (150 - 180) and were giving them heck. We hightailed it over to them as fast as we could and they had already split. One hog was headed toward FM 2269 with Horn 20 yards behind him. He hit some Georgia canes right in front of me, I almost ran into him. He busted out the back side of those and Jimmy was right there with him, running him along a brush-line. He hit some briars and Jimmy let the catchdog go. The hog busted out the backside of the brush again and hit another field and that's when Joe and the catchdog saw him. It was on then! Joe turned on the rocket-boosters, caught up to him and nipped him on the backend. The hog turned and Duke (cd)  closed the distance in a couple steps and shut him down. We turned Champ out to help and he was locked down. Horn, Joe, Duke and Champ did awesome. Then we realized Penny and Bo were on the other hog and had him stopped about 700 yards away. Penny and Bo are still considered green and have only been on a few hunts but you would have never known the difference today. They did great. We got there and sent in the catchdogs and it was all over. Quick and awesome. Man that was fun.  Grin

Here are a few pictures, Jimmy will add some more from his camera...

Jimmy with Bo, Horn and Penny

Me with Champ and Joe

Jimmy with Duke

DubbleRDawgs
Hog Master

Proud to be a TDHA Member!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:50 pm »

good hogs and dogs .. gotta love them quick hunts

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »

I really don't know how it could have gotten any better.  I will take them kind of hunts all day long.  I was really proud of "Penny 12 months and Bo a real rookie" both dogs have not been in the woods but three times,  They stopped and held the boar hog till we could get finished with the one we was busy with.  All the dogs done a hell of a job !  Ole Joe seen that hog about 80 yards in front of him and you could see his body tense up because when he took off he looked like he lowered his body 6 inches off the ground and the burners turned on and what got me is Duke the Bulldog was not more than three to four yards behind him never knew he could run like that Lmao !

Left to Right Horn,Bo,Penny and Duke

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:06:46 pm by TexasHogDogs » Logged

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
J.Prince
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:48:40 pm »

Good job guys sounds like a lot of fun.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:09 pm »

You boys used up a lot of luck on this hunt Grin......glad it went good for you and the young dogs performed so well.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
Corey
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:03 pm »

Good hunt, its good to see young dogs showin out and gaining confidence...you should send some of that luck up this way. Wink
Redneckbeauty
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »

Nice, wish our night/morning would have been as productive lol

-Looking for cowboy that isn't full of bull, and no I don't want to see your ocean front property in Arizona-

YEEHAW BABY!
shankem
Alpha Dog

580-821-2497

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 02:54:12 pm »

good hunt n photos
ETHHunters
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »

That Joe is a good looking dog. What is he?
Easttex
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 04:48:12 pm »

That Joe is a good looking dog. What is he?

Thanks.

Joe and Horn are litter mates. Jimmy could explain it better but I think they are 1/2 Plott, 7/16 Cur and 1/16 Redtick. I know the Dad is full blood plott and the Mom comes from some careful breeding of some jam-up hog dogs but I'm not completely sure of her breeding. If you are familiar with Jimmy's dog Ann (red cur), she is the Mom.
Easttex
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:28:16 pm »

Ole Joe seen that hog about 80 yards in front of him and you could see his body tense up because when he took off he looked like he lowered his body 6 inches off the ground and the burners turned on and what got me is Duke the Bulldog was not more than three to four yards behind him never knew he could run like that Lmao !

Joe is one of the fastest and athletic dogs I've ever hunted with or ever seen. He will go all day long when all the rest of the dogs are sitting on the 4wheeler exhausted. Well, that bulldog gave him a run for his money today. I couldn't believe how fast Duke was. That hog turning for just a second was all the time he needed to seal the deal.
derbettis
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 06:39:25 pm »

i love it when the pups do all the good. It makes u hold ure head high. good hunt fellows
curdogs3006
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 06:52:26 pm »

very good job, nice pics. good looking dogs.

GOIN AFTER THE BIG ONE "COME ON"
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 07:18:44 pm »

very good job, nice pics. good looking dogs.

x2

Proud TDHA Member!
ric.o
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 02:41:33 am »

x3 Wink
Randy_P
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »

Nice hunt
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:42 am »

Good lookin hogs and dogs, makes a feller proud when the youngins get it done right.