September 22, 2024, 08:18:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida curs  (Read 799 times)
JCook
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:40:49 pm »

Anybody know where to get some dam good Florida curs in TX?

If something is worth having, it is worth working for
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:09:37 pm »

I'd be interested to know who has any... not that they'd admit to it...  Grin

.. Truth is, most Florida hunters don't even know what to do with a proper Florida cur... Seems everybody wants to throw them in to a pack situation...

... then they wonder why everything gets wrecked...  

..These dogs(the better ones I've been priviledged enough to be around) are right on that edge...  by themselves, sometimes with one loose dog, they are as good as it gets... add another rough dog to the mix and you better be there quick when they catch him...

... The good ones don't need help, PERIOD.  Hard for a lot of people to understand that... so, a lot of Fl curs get "labled" as bein' too rough.... not that "some" ain't  Wink Grin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:25:31 pm by Noah » Logged

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:54:59 pm »

What Noah said.  On top of that, depending on what you call a "Fl Cur" also relates to how easy or impossible they are to come by.  I always grew up calling yellow cow bred blocky headed dogs Fl curs.  These are dang near impossible to come by.  some do sell some from time to time.  CrackerC just had a litter but i SERIOUSLY doubt there are any left.  But Noah is right.  most.. and i say most are a one dog show.  Anymore than that and there is NO bay!  Least thats how the ones i have/had are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: