October 06, 2024, 05:32:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: she went from silent to open!!!???!!!  (Read 1955 times)
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

get her deer broke !! even my young catahoulas would open on a deer and run it for a bit till i would call em off . and sorry i am a firm believer that if it ain't got spots it cain't hunt  Grin  Grin  Grin  but i wouldn't get to excited just keep takin her out with a shock collar on and if she's a barkin and runnin deer burn her . she sjuold go back to being silent on hogs .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:55 pm »

so... what breed is she?!?!
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 02:41:09 pm »

nevermind I see you put she is a bmc,,, I would keep hunting her if she isnt part hound. I bet it was just nerves
J Carroll
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »

I've got photbucket but cant figure out how to put the pic on here. Can anybody tell me, if its not too much to type to explain.
jimco
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 03:32:40 pm »

No room for exaguration, I guess, in this topic. She left the hood, ran about 25 yards out in front of the truck, through the bar ditch and up to the fence. she initially started barking when trying to find a hole to get through in the fence. I am assuming the hogs were not too far from the fence.
     You don't think she was just excited trying to find a hole in the fence to get through?

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 03:42:49 pm »

Just hunt her again and update us. 

Proud TDHA Member!
J Carroll
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 03:44:32 pm »

that's what started the barking i think but even after she got through she still wouldnt shut up. the more i think about it the more i wonder if she was running a deer this time too. i would think if it was a pig or pigs there would have been a lot more zig zagging going on while trailing but to look at my gps it was a straight line, hauling a$$ for 3/4 of a mile and then nothing at the end of it.
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 03:48:36 pm »

after you upload your photos into your album, just copy the last link the one that says IMG code and paste it into your post.
J Carroll
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »

J Carroll
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:44 pm »

hoghunterdfw, your a genius, thanks.  Grin
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 04:08:45 pm »

that's what started the barking i think but even after she got through she still wouldnt shut up. the more i think about it the more i wonder if she was running a deer this time too. i would think if it was a pig or pigs there would have been a lot more zig zagging going on while trailing but to look at my gps it was a straight line, hauling a$$ for 3/4 of a mile and then nothing at the end of it.

That's a deer my friend.  Too late now to correct her, just keep hunting her and let us know how she is doing. 

Proud TDHA Member!
Jasonmac
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 09:33:51 pm »

when you decide to get rid of her i willl take her i dont mind open dogs! Evil

B & M Wild Hog Removal Services
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »

work with her my man, others on here wouldnt agree with what i say but every dog i have culled (which were only a few) i worked with first

work with mock hunts, take the pig out and work with her to it, then take her back and do it again. my first thought would to use a trail breaker collar and just cook her when she opens but that will break a dog if you use it to much

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: